Views
Helpful
Replies

CP 7821 not registering in CME 14.1

Marius33
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have an ISR 4431 with CME 14.1 installed and 2 IP Phones (Cisco 7821). The phones are getting an IP from the DHCP server but aren't registering.

I've attached the configuration file, a debug file and pictures of the phones.

I've tried factory resetting the phones, deleting the profiles (no create profile) and creating again (create profile), uploading a different firmware file but the problem remains.

From what i can understand from the debug file, there is something wrong with the tftp server or the firmware files.

Let me know what i need to do so i can solve this problem.

Thank you!

8 Replies 8

Marius33
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone help me please 

I your tftp-path under voice register global as "tftp-path flash:" but further down in the config you have command starting with "tftp-server bootflash:" Is this correct?

Also, you can see the two defined phones finding their configuration files in the debug, but the phone that are not preconfigured are having a problem. That may be due to using "auto-register" without having the mandantory "auto-assign" of DNs in place. "Password" is also mandatory when auto-registering SIP phones.

Take a look at the Auto Registration of SIP Phones on Cisco Unified CME section of the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express System Administrator Guide for more information.

I hope this is helpful.

Maren

I your tftp-path under voice register global as "tftp-path flash:" but further down in the config you have command starting with "tftp-server bootflash:" Is this correct?  ---- Yes. It doesn't allow me to put tftp-path bootflash: . If you have another idea on what to put in voice register global or where to put the tftp server please let me know.

Also, you can see the two defined phones finding their configuration files in the debug, but the phone that are not preconfigured are having a problem. That may be due to using "auto-register" without having the mandantory "auto-assign" of DNs in place. "Password" is also mandatory when auto-registering SIP phones. - I've removed the auto-register from the voice register global but the phones are still not registering. I don't want auto registration. Do i need to remove also the user and password command from the voice register pool ?

The config you posted shows only two phones configured with voice register pool and associated voice register dn. Those are the phones that seem to be registering. Do you have the other phones (the ones that are not registering) configured in the router?

Maren

These 2 phone are the only ones at this moment. But they are still not registering, doing a show voice register pool all brief - they are still status unregistered and on the phones I get the message registration in progress...

Roger that. Okay. So let's capture a debug ccsip messages to view the registration process and see what the system says. Please unplug the ones that are not yet configured first, though, to keep down the clutter.

So, once you are ready. Unplug all of the phones. Start the debug. Plug one of the configured phones in and let it go through its entire cycle. Then post the output of the debug here and we can take a look.

Also, you might want to remove the "authenticate register" command while we are getting these initially registered. Once we have the phones successfully talking to CUCME, you can add the authentication back in.

Maren

@Marius33  - It looks like when you edited your original post that it removed the config file you attached. Can you share it again?

TatumJaylen
Level 1
Level 1

I've delved into the intricacies of TFTP server configurations and firmware files, suspecting a nuanced issue in the depths of my network setup. Attempts at factory resets, profile manipulations, and firmware tweaks have yielded no breakthrough. In the depths of the debug logs, I sense a cryptic whisper hinting at an unconventional hitch, possibly residing within the quantum realm of networking anomalies.