cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CP-7841 stand-alone

RaymondCarr7496
Level 1
Level 1
I have a CP-7841-K9 V09 IP phone and am trying to use it as a stand-alone device to communicate with my VoIP service provider . I enter my service domain (montreal8.voip.ms with port 5060), SIP user name and password, but it then refuses to connect. The screen says 'Verify your service domain and Internet connectivity and then try again.'  The phone does have a valid IP address, and running f/w sip78xx.12-8-1-001.455.

Also the phone's web interface does not work....

I have the impression that I may have to migrate its firmware to 3PCC to resolve both these issues...

Any comment appreciated.

Regards,

Raymond

21 Replies 21

RaymondCarr7496
Level 1
Level 1

I got a license file, uploaded it, the phone did and upgrade, but now it's asking for an Activation Code. Tried to reboot and got the same message. Any help appreciated.

Have you accessed the web page of the phone and put in any required configuration for it to register with your ITSP?

Out of the box the phone will with this type of software I think try to register with the cloud service that Cisco has. You’d need to “tell” the phone to not do that and have it know how to register to the service you’d want it to use.

Response Signature

Activation code is because you need a licence for the migration to pcc. For your information, a migration licence is a licence for migrate a liste of phone, not only one phone. So if you have 10 phone for exemple, you need only one migration licence to migrate all phones ! 

It's good to know that !

You provide the liste of your phone (mac adresse , serials...) And all the licences was generated for each phone. 

RaymondCarr7496
Level 1
Level 1

All is fine now since registering with my VoIP service provider. A couple of glitches presented themselves: I had to re-assign the Call Pickup Code (*97) to something else as this conflicted with my VoIP service provider's voicemail access. I also had to change a few SIP timer values (Register Expires & Proxy Fallback Intvl) to 300, again, as per my provider's recommendation. I have to say this is a very nice phone and am looking forward to using it.

Hello Sir.

Did you have to purchases licenses for this phone to work with VoIP.ms?  If so, how much was a license?

Yes, it was around $120 CAD.
R.

Thank you sir.