cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CP-7841 stand-alone

RaymondCarr7496
Level 1
Level 1
I have a CP-7841-K9 V09 IP phone and am trying to use it as a stand-alone device to communicate with my VoIP service provider . I enter my service domain (montreal8.voip.ms with port 5060), SIP user name and password, but it then refuses to connect. The screen says 'Verify your service domain and Internet connectivity and then try again.'  The phone does have a valid IP address, and running f/w sip78xx.12-8-1-001.455.

Also the phone's web interface does not work....

I have the impression that I may have to migrate its firmware to 3PCC to resolve both these issues...

Any comment appreciated.

Regards,

Raymond

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Because that process (enter username and domain) that you're using is meant to work only with Cisco call control or MRA, it's not meant to work with anything else.

You can make it work with enterprise FW, you'll need to manually provision all the configuration files the phone expects as if coming from a Cisco call control with your information, hundreds of threads at CSC on the topic. Even if you enable the phone's web page, it's a view only page with basic info and logs, not for configuration.

Otherwise, if you want a configuration GUI to handle everything, yes, you need to migrate to 3PCC, all details at upgrade.cisco.com

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

21 Replies 21

You need to migrate to 3pcc version.

Response Signature

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Because that process (enter username and domain) that you're using is meant to work only with Cisco call control or MRA, it's not meant to work with anything else.

You can make it work with enterprise FW, you'll need to manually provision all the configuration files the phone expects as if coming from a Cisco call control with your information, hundreds of threads at CSC on the topic. Even if you enable the phone's web page, it's a view only page with basic info and logs, not for configuration.

Otherwise, if you want a configuration GUI to handle everything, yes, you need to migrate to 3PCC, all details at upgrade.cisco.com

HTH

java

Ok thanks for confirming... I'll have a look at upgrade.cisco.com

Raymond

RaymondCarr7496
Level 1
Level 1

I went to upgrade.cisco.com, Upgrade Services (Enterprise), Upgrade 7800, and followed the instructions. The phone upgraded to sipxx.12-5-1SR3-74. I reset the service mode, entered my SIP credentials again, and the connection was refused (same message). I do get a dial tone & key tones, but the phone won't dial out. The web interface is active but I can't get into admin mode/can't change anything. Any help appreciated.

Raymond

Debug dump:

[16:13:11,11/05/20] DeviceName=SEPD4AD717A30D3 DeviceIPv4Address=192.168.1.117/24 IPv4DefaultGateway=192.168.1.1 DeviceIPv6Address= IPv6DefaultGateway= ModelNumber=CP-7841 NeighborIPv4Address= NeighborIPv6Address= NeighborDeviceID= NeighborPortID= DHCPv4Status=1 DHCPv6Status=3 TFTPCfgStatus=1 DNSStatusUnifiedCM1=0 DNSStatusUnifiedCM2=0 DNSStatusUnifiedCM3=0 DNSv6StatusUnifiedCM1=0 DNSv6StatusUnifiedCM2=0 DNSv6StatusUnifiedCM3=0 VoiceVLAN= UnifiedCMIPAddress=35.185.22.200 LocalPort=49278 TimeStamp=1604592783435 ReasonForOutOfService=14 LastProtocolEventSent=Sent:REGISTER sip:35.185.22.200 SIP/2.0 Cseq:111 REGISTER CallId:d4ad717a-30d30002-22ea64ad-23c3e5d6@192.168.1.117 LastProtocolEventReceived=Rcvd:SIP/2.0 200 OK Cseq:105 REGISTER CallId:d4ad717a-30d30002-587ecf2d-0d72666c@192.168.1.117 ReasonForOutOfServiceText=LastTimeTCPclosed ActiveInterface=Wired

Yeah... you just upgraded the ENTERPRISE FW on your device, that's all you did, you're still running FW meant for Cisco call control, thus, you have the exact same behavior you did with the previous FW. As already explained, that FW has a VIEW ONLY web page.

The option to migrate to 3PCC is on the left side, CAREFULLY review the migration process and purchase the migration license if your licensing does not include it.

HTH

java

RaymondCarr7496
Level 1
Level 1

2020-11-05 12_09_25-Cisco Cloud Upgrader.png

I don't see that option... is it called something else?

Enterprise -> Webex Calling/MPP 

HTH

java

RaymondCarr7496
Level 1
Level 1

So it looks like I need Cisco SKU: L-CP-E2M-78XX-CNV=   

to convert my 7800 series Enterprise phone to MPP Firmware. 

The half-dozen Cisco resellers that it googled seem out of stock. What is going on? How can a license be out of stock?

AFAIK There is no stock for the license, it’s literally generated at purchase.

Response Signature

RaymondCarr7496
Level 1
Level 1

Yes the thought crossed my mind after my last reply. Can this be purchased directly from Cisco? I went to https://software.cisco.com/software/csws/ws/platform/home?locale=en_US&locale=en_US# but could not figure out if this was possible.

From what I know only service providers can purchase directly from Cisco.

Response Signature

RaymondCarr7496
Level 1
Level 1

Ok many thanks for clarifying that. I will proceed as such.

R.

@RaymondCarr7496 

Why have you marked your own reply as the answer to your post?

Response Signature

RaymondCarr7496
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry about that; it was meant to indicate that I was pleased with the responses. I'm new to this forum so will pay more attention to this in the future.