Views
Helpful
Replies

CP-7985G Booting Problems

r.barba
Level 1
Level 1

I Friend

I have a problem with a Cisco 7985G video phone, but It is not booting, into the screen appear config VLAN, ip address after Quering TFTP server 172.20.98.250, but nothing happend, I checked the conectivity and everything is OK, also I have into CUCM the last firmware.

How can I fix this issue.

Regards

Rafael Barba

19 Replies 19

I reverted to version 4.1.5 of the firmware and the problem was resolved.

4.1.5 fixed it for me too. Thanks for the tip.

alshahiry
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Guys,

I do face the same issue using CP-7985 new unpacked from boxes with CUCM 7.1(5b). Kindly feedback me how to unlock the phone as it comes locked to do a manual configuration.

Also what's the procedures to revert back the old phone firmware as the default comes (4.1.4) while the CUCM get it upgrade to (4.1.7) and it starts rebooting once it reach Query TFTP Server IP address. kindly advise, with thanks.

To unlock settings on the phone, issue the "**#" key sequence in the "settings menu." You should see the lock icon swing open from a closed state.

Information on how to change the default firmware version of the phone can be found in the CUCM Administration Guide.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmcfg/b06devic.html#wp1020262

-Felipe

Dear Felipe,

Grateful. Now I revert back my IP phones to firmware (4.1.4) successfully. Now my concern is how I can be avoid that CUCM 7.1 will not upgrade the 7985 firmware from (4.1.4) to (4.1.7) again causing me the same issue of phones rebooting? with thanks in advance.