Views
Helpful
Replies

CP-8841 Rejected Registration

Office Terry
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm running CUCM 11.5 and I have a CP-8841 phone that is being re-assigned to a user.
The cluster is 1PUB/3SUBs with a CUCM Group set to auto-register.
The phone in question will register in CUCM with an auto-registered DN , an IP Address in the Voice VLAN, and an Active Load ID (sip88xx.12-5-1SR1-4)

The phone display reads "Phone is registering" and will periodically loop through "Telephone service in unavailable".

TFTP is setup on the CUCM PUB. I can go to the IPv4 setup on the phone, change TFTP server 1 from the PUB address to the SUB1 address and the phone will reboot with a previous config (2 lines; previous user's DN, and a general help desk number). However, that previous config is not reflected in CUCM. 

Registration goes from Rejected to Partial Registered.

Active Load ID and Inactive Load ID are the same (sip88xx.15-5-1SR1-4), but the Download Status has Failed.

Requested Load ID is sip88x.12-0-1-11, the Download server is pointing to the PUB, but there's an "Inactive Load Failure Reason File Not Found".

Any changes applied to the phone config in CUCM never update on the phone. I've pulled the SEP.cnf.xml file from SUB1 CUCM TFTP and it doesn't reflect the previous config the phone seems to be pulling from.

Not sure where to go from here, so any advice is appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

From your issue looks like there is issues with your DB tables.

Before you issue  utils dbreplication runtimestate, issue  utils dbreplication status. There could be issues with the DB tables even if the replications status shows 2.

You must see something similar when issuing utils dbreplication runtimestate

Replication status command ENDED. Checked 749 tables out of 749
Last Completed Table: devicenumplanmapremdestmap
No Errors or Mismatches found.

If you find errors, follow the below guide Step 8 and fix the tables .

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/200396-Steps-to-Troubleshoot-Database-Replicati.html

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Les Pruden
Level 4
Level 4

It sounds like the trust list on the telephone is messed up. Assuming that database replication is working as expected (not sure if you've checked that) - the first thing I would do is reset the security settings -- settings key --> Admin Settings --> Reset settings --> Security Settings. A mismatch or corruption of the ITL would cause the issues you describe.

I reset the security settings, but the phone didn't automatically reboot, so after I hit reset on Security Settings, I selected reset device. No change to CUCM or the device.

I ran the utils dbreplication runtimestate via CLI. No errors were found and the Replication Status on each node had a state of (2), which seems to indicate the replication is good. 

Just to double check, I generated a Systems Report for the Unified CM Database status and all servers have a good replication status there as well.

From your issue looks like there is issues with your DB tables.

Before you issue  utils dbreplication runtimestate, issue  utils dbreplication status. There could be issues with the DB tables even if the replications status shows 2.

You must see something similar when issuing utils dbreplication runtimestate

Replication status command ENDED. Checked 749 tables out of 749
Last Completed Table: devicenumplanmapremdestmap
No Errors or Mismatches found.

If you find errors, follow the below guide Step 8 and fix the tables .

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/200396-Steps-to-Troubleshoot-Database-Replicati.html

Response Signature

After running utils dbreplication status and then utils dbreplication runtimestate, it did detect that errors were found. I have a relatively small environment (around 3000 phones), so I was able to run utils dbreplication repair all. Removed the phone from CUCM, performed a manual reset, and it was able to auto-register with an abbreviated DN that matched what was in CUCM.

Thank you very much for the assistance.

Felo-WF
Level 1
Level 1

Where can I get the cnf.xml file? I reset my phone and I need this file but it's nowhere to be found... Can anyone help me?