Views
Helpful
Replies

CP-8841

Digiman900526
Level 1
Level 1

Hallo,

ich habe ein CP-8841 gekauft und möchte es an die Fritz.box anschliessen. Ich habe gelesen das ich eine andere Firmware benötige. Wenn ja welche und wie spiele ich diese auf? Ich bin ein kleinunternehmer der gerade mit cisco anfangen will und eventuell später die dienste von Placetel nutzen möchte auf diesem Telefon. Was muss ich machen? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Turn the phone around and look at the SKU/PID.  Is the SKU/PID "CP-8841-3PCC-K9"?  

If the phone is loaded with Enterprise image, it can be used in either CUCM environment or non-Cisco call managers like Asterisk- or 3CX based systems.  It can be done but it will take some patience to get it working.  Phones with Enterprise image are cheaper to buy, hence, a lot of people make the same mistake.  

Another option, the easiest, is to convert the phone firmware from Enterprise image to 3PCC/MPP firmware -- For a fee (US$120)

If you want to convert to 3PCC/MPP platform you will need to get the conversion license:  L-CP-E2M-88XX-CNV

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Turn the phone around and look at the SKU/PID.  Is the SKU/PID "CP-8841-3PCC-K9"?  

If the phone is loaded with Enterprise image, it can be used in either CUCM environment or non-Cisco call managers like Asterisk- or 3CX based systems.  It can be done but it will take some patience to get it working.  Phones with Enterprise image are cheaper to buy, hence, a lot of people make the same mistake.  

Another option, the easiest, is to convert the phone firmware from Enterprise image to 3PCC/MPP firmware -- For a fee (US$120)

If you want to convert to 3PCC/MPP platform you will need to get the conversion license:  L-CP-E2M-88XX-CNV

You can do an initial conversion one time without a license. (I've done it.) -- Maren

Hello Maren:

We have CISCO 8841 phones running Enterprise firmware and we would like to convert the phones to MPP. Are you saying this can be done once at no charge?? If so, do you have any information on how to do this? We just received a quote for $110 per phone.

I bought 3 CP-8841-K9 V05 and just want to have a config including a web-interface for further configuration like I did for my old SPA504 and SPA525 to change those against phones with "energyStar" label. You say you did it. I would to do this, too without any further Cisco equipment. I only have Sangoma freepbx and tftp server. Is it possible?

Once you change the firmware to multi-platform (which you can do without CISCO equipment) you should be able to use the web-config. However, the phone won't WORK until you have bought a license for the multi-platform firmware. There is no way around it. I don't know if you can get the license to the phone without CISCO equipment. They may have an licensing server but I am not sure.

Please forgive my German. I am using Google Translate...

That model phone supports two different firmware lines: Enterprise and MultiPlatform. On the back of the phone look at the phone model to see if which one came from the factory. See the image here:

Model.jpg

You can convert either phone model to the "other" firmware. Here is a document (in English - I couldn't find a German version) that can get you started. Read about the process and let us know if you have questions.

Convert between Enterprise Firmware and Multiplatform Firmware for Cisco IP Phone 7800 and 8800 Series Guide 

Maren

Bitte verzeihen Sie mein Deutsch. Ich nutze Google Translate...

Dieses Telefonmodell unterstützt zwei verschiedene Firmware-Linien: Enterprise und MultiPlatform. Schauen Sie auf der Rückseite des Telefons nach dem Telefonmodell, um zu sehen, ob welches von der Fabrik stammt. Siehe das Bild hier:

Model.jpg

Sie können jedes Telefonmodell auf die „andere“ Firmware konvertieren. Hier ist ein Dokument (auf Englisch - ich konnte keine deutsche Version finden), das Ihnen den Einstieg erleichtern kann. Lesen Sie mehr über den Prozess und lassen Sie uns wissen, wenn Sie Fragen haben.

Convert between Enterprise Firmware and Multiplatform Firmware for Cisco IP Phone 7800 and 8800 Series Guide 

Maren

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: