Views
Helpful
Replies

CP 8851 - Set password

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

My Customer have a solution where the CUCM is in the version 10.5.2 and I would like know if there any possibility (disconsidering FAC and CMC) in put password to blocked the IP Phone keyboard. The model in specific is 8851.

Thanks,

Regards,

Wilson

8 Replies 8

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, but you need to either buy a 3rd party solution for that, or build your own.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime Valencia,

Thanks a lot for Your contact.

To create of that way?

Thanks,

Regards,

Wilson

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

CUCM doesn't have a native feature for locking or unlocking phones. The features are FAC or CMC. You can also use Extension Mobility service to change the calling privilege of your phone.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Endpoints_FAQ#Can_I_lock_my_phone.2C_or_require_a_PIN_before_making_calls.3F.3F

Can I lock my phone, or require a PIN before making calls??

No, neither of those are options provided by CUCM. The only options we offer for such purposes, would be to use EM, FAC, or CMC. If you want this, you would need to use a 3rd party app:

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Hi Cisco Rath,

Thanks a lot for Your contact and Your explanation. Very good.

Regards,

Wilson

Hi Javalenc and Cisco Rath!

Create time out day routing will can the alternative?

Thanks,

Wilson

Hi there

I have done that for a customer couple of years back. Yes you can use TOD for configuring the access restrictions, but its little overhead for the operations and support perspective. The best bet for you will be using EM or use some 3rd party solutions.

If you need how to do TOD, I can test in my lab tomorrow and send you the procedure.

Hope this helps !!!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Hi Cisco Rath!

If You could send the procedure I will be many happy.

Thanks,

Regards,

Wilson