Views
Helpful
Replies

CP8865 not registerning

power-funzl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I purchased a couple of used CP8865 phones and Im trying to get them working using CUCM 14.0.1.

I added the phones in CUCM using their MAC address. According to the log on the phones, they can get their cnf.xml.sgn files. Even though the phones show "Phone is registering", in the status both phones report:

• VPN not configured
  • oAuth mode disabled
  • Time zone data download failed

Ive been stuck with this problems for a few days now and still dont have a clue where the problem might be. 

FYI, this is a private test enviroment.

9 Replies 9

Have you done either a reset of security settings or a complete factory reset of the devices so that they do not have ITL information on them?

Response Signature

Yes this was the first thing I did with the phones when I got them and I have reset them multiple times since...

I mistakenly clicked on "accept as solution" in this thread. Can I remove that? 

Yes you can remove that.

Response Signature

Next thing to check is what version of the firmware the phones have and what version of this you have in your CM?

Response Signature

ActiveLoad = sip8845_65.14-2-1-0201-40

a few days ago I tried with an older FW version, but the result was the same

That’s an answer on part of my question. What version do you have in CM, is it the same or something else?

One thing, have you assigned a directory number to each of the phones in CM? A SIP device cannot register without a DN.

Response Signature

power-funzl
Level 1
Level 1

yes, the version is the same:2024-03-13 14_38_57-Device Defaults Configuration.png

the phone does have a DN assigned:

2024-03-13 14_39_55-Directory Number Configuration.png

power-funzl
Level 1
Level 1

finally got it working.

Under CM Administration/System/Server I replaced the HostName with the acutal IP. After that phones would register instantly...

That would point to that the phone cannot resolve the FQDN of the CM servers. Are the phones assigned DNS servers that can resolve the CM FQDN and have you created DNS records for the CM servers, both forward and reverse lookup records?

Generally you don’t want to change this from FQDN to IP as it would affect a lot of different things. For instance Jabber registration with warnings for certificate not being valid to name one.

Response Signature