Views
Helpful
Replies

CSF device not registering CUCM 8.6

Matthew Doyle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am unable to get created CSF device to register with CUCM? showing unknown unknown

I am able to log into Jabber, but not able to use CTI feature. As far as I know I have Presence, LDAP and CUCM setup correctly.

Please find attached HTM files of CUCM config, any much would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The CSF device only becomes registered in CUCM is you successfully select it in the Jabber main window.

In my experience this sort of thing not working is typically caused by some configuration item being omitted.  do you have the CSF device associated to the user as a controller device.  does the user have CTI enabled permissions? is the extension on the CSF device associated with the user?  If you go the users config in cucm  > UC service profile>view details. does it display a CTI profile?

cheers

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi,

Did you create a service profile and assigned to it end user? Are you using domain names or IP addresses for CUCM? How are CSF clients disconvering IMP server (manual or automatic using DNS)? Did you assign owner to CSF client?

Hi Mohammed,

are service profiles used in CUCM 9 and later? Im not familiar with service profiles sorry.

I am using IP address for CUCM however its configured for lab domain.

Presence service is configured with FQDN as it was the only way I got log into Jabber.

I am able to log into jabber I just am unable to use CTI feature, which i suspect is because the CSF device in CUCM is not registered?

(WITHIN VM)

CUCM8.6 --> CUP 8.6 --> Windows 08 server --> Window 7 workstation (with Jabber)

I have full LDAP synch for end users.

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

did you select "use my computer for calls" bottom left in your Jabber main window?

Hi Dennis,

yes I select "use my computer for calls" in Jabber, but all I get is "selecting phone" status and then connection fails.

Im guessing this is because CSF device created in CUCM is not registered?

The CSF device only becomes registered in CUCM is you successfully select it in the Jabber main window.

In my experience this sort of thing not working is typically caused by some configuration item being omitted.  do you have the CSF device associated to the user as a controller device.  does the user have CTI enabled permissions? is the extension on the CSF device associated with the user?  If you go the users config in cucm  > UC service profile>view details. does it display a CTI profile?

cheers

the last thing I tried was assigning user to the CSF extension, but it was still showing unknown, unknown before I posted here.

but when I turned lab back on to check your suggestions CSF device was now showing unregistered with an IP address assigned, and as you said when I connected through Jabber it registered in CUCM.

thanks for your time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: