Views
Helpful
Replies

Cube configuration

gabiulici
Level 1
Level 1

Hii,

I have Cucm 10.5  and 2x2921 and 1x2801 and I receive a request from our providers that they give a SIP connections with our locations. My questions is if i can activate the Cube on 2801 and to test a call from my locations to out said (PSTN). Can you help pls with how to connect the providers to my routers and what are the settings to do.

I have internal extensions start with 1000 until 4500

This is the steps in order to activate the CUBE:

- trunk to cube from cucm10.5

- create a Route Pattern ( 0xxxx) to forward the call to CUBE

- activate the cube:         voice service voip

Allow-connections sip to sip

Allow-connections sip to h323

Allow-connections h323 to h323

Allow-connections sip to sip

Ip addres trust list: ip of Cucm / ip of PSTN

Dial-peer voice 1 voip

Incoming called-numer .#

No vad

Dial-peer voice 2 voip

Destination-pattern 00xxxx

Session target ip PSTN

Dial-peer voice 10 voip

Destination-pattern 2000

Session target ip Cucm

Session protocol sipv2

Guys thanks a lot for any steps informations

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, this is possible but never recommended to connect CUCM directly to provider b/c of security reasons.

Moreover if your provider needs SIP registration, CUBE is must as CUCM doesn't support SIP registration.

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can check the following config example for CUBE

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/117300-configure-cube-00.html

HTH

Manish

hey manis,

Can y help pls wit the proper steps to conect with provider. I want to test with 2801, it's able to work like a Cube this router?

I don't now how to connect at Physical  layer the provider with my router and what is the setup for all my range phone nr.

Cisco 2800 Series Integrated Services Routers can provide CUBE functionality.

The following document cover all the configuration needed on cucm and gateway configured as CUBE

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-border-element/99863-cube-config.html

The destionation-pattern in the dial-peers should be configured as per the phone number range in your setup.

HTH
Manish

Hey,

They say that we can connect with the provider router directly from Calll Manger without Cube, this is possible?

And if yes how?

Yes, this is possible but never recommended to connect CUCM directly to provider b/c of security reasons.

Moreover if your provider needs SIP registration, CUBE is must as CUCM doesn't support SIP registration.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: