Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE - SAME ADDRESS IN TWO NETWORKS

Oswaldo Torres
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I'm doing a desing.

We have two networks, with one CUCM Cluster in each network, these networks are of different customer.

We have some duplicate subnet ip phones, we suggest install a CUBE between the two networks, with the purpose to make address hiding between the two networks. Signaling between Network 1 and Network 2, there is a CUBE#1.

NETWORK 1

CUCM#1: 172.31.1.1

IP Phone A Subnet #1: 172.31.2.0/24

IP Phone B Subnet #2: 172.31.3.0/24

CUBE #1 IP: 172.31.100.1/24

NETWORK 2

CUCM#2: 172.16.1.1

IP Phone C Subnet #1: 172.16.2.0/24

IP Phone D Subnet #2: 172.31.3.0/24

CUBE #1 IP: 172.16.100.1/24

But, now I'm looking at, I doubt arise.

In a call between, Phone B and Phone D.

IP Phone B signaling with CUCM#1

CUCM#1 Signaling with CUBE#1, CUCM#1 through the SDP, tell the CUBE, send RTP to 172.31.3.x/24

CUBE#1 Signaling with CUCM#2

CUCM#2 Signaling with IP Phone D

CUCM#2 through the SDP, tell the CUBE, send RTP to 172.31.3.x/24

Because the CUBE is a router, and this CUBE knows the network 172.31.3.0/24 towards the Network#1.

I think, we will have One Way Audio Problems.

Am I correcto ?

Is there any way to solve it ?

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How are the 2 environments integrated?  If these are separate networks there should be no direct connection unless you are doing some of NAT via ASA/etc between the 2 networks.  Is this IME deployment? How are the 2 customers to be integrated and for what purpose?

Chris

NAT (Address Hiding) is the purpose of the CUBE as I have understood.

That is a SIP deployment.

My 2 customers, were two independent companies, but now merged, coincided certain subnet are duplicated.

An interclulster trunk maybe fail, because are subnets duplicated, thus I think a CUBE with SIP Trk is the solution.

With two CUBEs, I think that I have solved the trouble, because at Level Layer 3.

CUBE#1

Routing - One static default route to network #1

Routing - One static specific route to CUBE #2

CUBE#2

Routing - One static default route to network#2

Routing - One static specific route to CUBE #1

But, how can I solve this with a single CUBE ? Since I can only have a route to certain subnet.

I know that, a SBC ACME can solve this issue, since the SBC ACME use realms, but Cisco is best option for the number of sessiones that I will have.

CUBE cannot resolve overlapping adddreses.

You will have to renumber, or use cumbersome NAT.