Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE: SIP<->H.323. No DTMF in H.323

pavelsh_ucs
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have CUBE configuration SIP <-> H.323 (CUCM 8.6)

Calls are delivered as follows:

IPTSP<--sip-->CUBE<--h.323-->CUCM<-->phone

When I'm calling from inside to outside (From the phone to PSTN by IPTSP) DTMF is working just fine.

But when I'm calling from outside to inside (From PSTN to the phone) DTMF isn't working. I see that the CUBE recognise DTMF on SIP leg, but don't send DTMF through H.323 leg

The CUBE is on ios version 15.1(4)M6.

A config is attached below.

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

None of your H323 dial-peers are defined as inbound dial-peers and only your dial-peer 505 and 205 have incoming-called number with specific number defined.  You need to remember that every call in voip world has 2 call legs, in your case there is an incoming call leg from IPTSP via SIP and outbound H323 to CUCM, both need to be matched, first with incoming called-number and second destination-pattern in most cases.

What I would suggest would be to standardize on single protocol (SIP) to make it easy on yourself.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Why do you think that I don't have an incoming dial-peer for h.323?

1. The 205 is incoming dial-peer for h.323 from my point of view and from Cisco ios point of view (it is matched correctly)

2. Call h.323 -> sip is working just fine. So incoming h.323 dial-peer is fine

Incoming sip dial-peer is working good too.

Hi

Chris is right

If you want your setup to work properly then do all the ways with sip.Sip trunk with  ISP and Sip trunk to CUCM

Then you have to create 4 dial peers.Two  dial peers pointed to cucms  , one pointed to sip trunk for outgoing and one pointed to sip trunk for incoming.The  incoming dial peer will be used also from CUCMs....

Dont use specific number in the incoming dial peer.Just use << incoming called-number . >>

I have simmilar issues with your setup and when i used ONLY SIP then everything worked perfect

Please rate all useful posts 

Regards
Chrysostomos

""Thinking is the hardest work there is , which is probably the reason why so few engage in it""

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

Tapan Dutt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I haven't taken a look at the show run yet but try invoking IOS based MTP from CUBE.

Tapan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: