cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE SIP trunk caller ID issue

thrtnastrx
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CUBE that is configured with a SIP trunk to Level 3 and a SIP trunk to a ShoreTel system. While debugging I can see caller ID name in the FROM header from the Level 3 trunk but the FROM header is missing from the INVITE to the ShoreTel system.  All other functionality is there, just missing caller ID name.  Any suggestions as to what to check first?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What systems are involved here and do you mean from header to level 3?

On a side note called I'd display dint use from header. You typically use RPID or PAI, PPI

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What systems are involved here and do you mean from header to level 3?

On a side note called I'd display dint use from header. You typically use RPID or PAI, PPI

Please rate all useful posts

That was it, I needed to configure PAI globally and on the dial-peer.  Thanks for the suggestion!

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/sip/configuration/15-mt/sip-config-15-mt-book/voi-sip-pai-ppi.html#GUID-A7B81C56-E343-41D1-98BF-75FC96038CC7

Yes, configuration link is correct. I would like to shed light on few other points regarding RPID,PID and PPI

RPID is enabled on the SIP trunk & SIP line of the CUCME by default and used for caller & called party info exchange. It can be disabled at global level under sip-ua mode.
    When RPID is enabled

a)-RPID is sent in the initial INVITE to send calling party info and privacy
b)-RPID is sent in 18x & 200 responses to send called party info and privacy
c)-RPID is sent in mid-call UPDATEs to send new remote party info after supplementary services like call transfer & forward

PPI/PAI & Privacy can be enabled at global or dial-peer level.
    When PPI/PAI & Privacy is enabled

PPI/PAI & Privacy headers are sent in initial INVITE to send the calling party info and it’s privacy. Including these headers in initial INVITE automatically disables RPID
Since PPI/PAI headers are not allowed in responses and UPDATEs, they are not used for called party info update and remote party info update after supplementary services. Hence PPI/PAI & Privacy headers does not take care of all the scenarios handled by RPID.

If an INVITE request contains both PPI/PAI & RPID, PPI/PAI is given the priority

Regards,

Kunal