Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE - Using voice translation rules to block specific numbers

AEledge
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

We are currently using a voice translation rule to reject calls from specific numbers at the CUBE level (see attached screenshot), but we have reached the maximum (100) and I haven't been able to stack multiple voice translation rules on the incoming dial-peer. My question is, would it be possible to use a text file stored in bootflash to accomplish this, and would it remove the maximum of 100 for this use case?

Example of what I'm thinking:

voice translation-rule 2

url bootflash:/blocked-numbers.txt

If this were to work, would the text file even need to contain the rule numbers, or could it just be a number on each line in e164 format?

Thanks again

AEledge_0-1715359661832.png

If my contribution was in any way valuable to you, please give my my post a helpful vote :)
4 Replies 4

AFAIK this is not possible. Only translations can be made by loading a file. For more information see this document. Explain Cisco IOS and IOS XE Call Routing 

Response Signature

Could you maybe use an e164-pattern-map with a "incoming calling e164-pattern-map XXX" included in the dial-peer and blackhole the dial-peer? The e164-pattern-map would give you up to 1000 entries in the config and up to 5000 in a referenced file. 

I haven't pondered how that would interwork with your incoming called-number style dial-peer so it might not work, but if you google "IOS XE" and "Multiple Pattern Support on a Voice Dial Peer" you should find reference material.

Maren

Les Pruden
Level 4
Level 4

Hi -

You didn't say whether you have CUCM or not. But if you do you might want to look at blocking calls in that system. Take a look at this post for an overview of that process.

Technotes: How to block Incoming calls in CUCM 8.x based on ANI with MGCP gateway - Cisco Community

This article by Dan Keller would be more commonly referenced variant on how to use CM configuration to achieve this. Blocking Inbound calls to Cisco Unified Communications Manager based on Caller ID 

Response Signature