cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.5 Route List Failover

jameskuder
Level 1
Level 1

I have a RL which contains two Route Groups which are Trunks that go to two Application servers.

The first one in the list that it picks is our production server and the second goes to our DR server.

I tried a test and brought down the production server. I called the route pattern that points to the RL and with the prod server down, it never is picked up by the DR server.

The only way that I was able to get the DR server to pick up was to reverse the order of the TG's.

My understanding was that it should automatically roll to the DR server if the Prod server was not available.

Am I incorrect? If it is supposed to, what would prevent it from rolling over?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

It's a setting in the SIP Profile of the Trunk

Check here: https://rc7200.wordpress.com/2015/01/01/cucm-sip-trunk-options-ping/

View solution in original post

Hi,

Options ping would be the best way to to do it, for faster failover you can also go to SIP Profile and decrease the "Retry INVITE" field

Retry INVITE

This field specifies the maximum number of times that an INVITE request gets retransmitted. Valid values include any positive number. Default specifies 6.

JB

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Matthias Dohm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

do you have the Options-Ping enabled on the SIP trunks? Otherwise, CUCM will always try the out-of-service trunk first and the failover time can be very long

Matthias

No I don't. How do I set that up and is only adding the IP required?

It's a setting in the SIP Profile of the Trunk

Check here: https://rc7200.wordpress.com/2015/01/01/cucm-sip-trunk-options-ping/

Is there a recommended timer setting when enabling this or is it best to just use the default settings? I want quick failover but not too quick that it causes issues of it trunk is having intermittent connection issues.

Hi,

Options ping would be the best way to to do it, for faster failover you can also go to SIP Profile and decrease the "Retry INVITE" field

Retry INVITE

This field specifies the maximum number of times that an INVITE request gets retransmitted. Valid values include any positive number. Default specifies 6.

JB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: