cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 11.5 call forwarding to cell fails when called by video phone

jrdodson
Level 1
Level 1

I've had a strange issue come up the last couple weeks with a couple agents in our environment. Both users are utilizing an 8865-model phone (video phone). Both have an RDP associated to them that of course routes to their cell phone (SNR). 

What I found is that our system is not sending a call to user's cell phone (when associated to an extension) when that caller has a video-based phone. I'm assuming that the video request fails, and instead of re-trying without video, it just fails completely and will not call the user at all. Has anyone ever heard of this before?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Possibly you’ll need to use this command. Video Suppression 

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Possibly you’ll need to use this command. Video Suppression 

Response Signature

I would assume that we would then we would no longer be able to have video calls. And the two users in questions want to be able to utilize them internally with each other. 

Calls internally would not I assume pass through the gateway, right? As the command is put either on a dial peer or globally in the router that facilitates PSTN services it would not affect internal calls.

Response Signature

In the CUCM SIP trunk configuration try to check "Retry Video Call as Audio" 

Also as Roger mentions before use the below command  in the CUBE global voice configuration

#voice service voip

#sip

#audio forced