Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 11.5 CONFIGURATION ISSUE

Nikku
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community,

I have a issue, when I configure CUCM 11.5 in my private environment vm, I am facing DNS name/address invalid issue. I already check my DNS it is working fine. But issue persistent. How I resolved this issue? 

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

If you encounter a DNS error while logging into the CUCM page, there are several things you should check:

• Confirm that the CUCM domain is configured correctly.
  • Check if the CUCM can connect to the DNS servers.
  • Verify the forward lookup.
  • Verify the reverse lookup.

If any of these elements are missing, you will see a warning message on the CUCM.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

Thanks for providing the solution steps.

I checked all the points but my issue is persistent.

Nikku_0-1719471298331.png

It clearly says, that the CUCM cannot reach the DNS server(s). So you have a problem somewhere in your network.

There is nothing you can do right now, as long as CUCM is not installed.
You could setup a virtual router or windows / linux server on the same host and in the same network with the same IP as your CUCM and then try to ping the DNS servers(s) or try to resolve any hostnames.

Just do basic network troubleshooting (Layer 1 to Layer 3).
IMHO, this should be expected to be know by a technician. At least what / where to check. If you don't have privileges to troubleshoot the network, then you have to find someone and troubleshoot together.

Check the network settings of your CUCM VM.
Check the network settings of your host.
Check the vlans and routing in your network
Check any Firewalls.

7 Replies 7

If you encounter a DNS error while logging into the CUCM page, there are several things you should check:

• Confirm that the CUCM domain is configured correctly.
  • Check if the CUCM can connect to the DNS servers.
  • Verify the forward lookup.
  • Verify the reverse lookup.

If any of these elements are missing, you will see a warning message on the CUCM.

Response Signature

Thanks for providing the solution steps.

I checked all the points but my issue is persistent.

Nikku_0-1719471298331.png

It clearly says, that the CUCM cannot reach the DNS server(s). So you have a problem somewhere in your network.

Thanks for updating, 

Please suggest some steps for troubleshooting, as it is very important work for me, I check everything deeply, but can't find anything.

There is nothing you can do right now, as long as CUCM is not installed.
You could setup a virtual router or windows / linux server on the same host and in the same network with the same IP as your CUCM and then try to ping the DNS servers(s) or try to resolve any hostnames.

Just do basic network troubleshooting (Layer 1 to Layer 3).
IMHO, this should be expected to be know by a technician. At least what / where to check. If you don't have privileges to troubleshoot the network, then you have to find someone and troubleshoot together.

Check the network settings of your CUCM VM.
Check the network settings of your host.
Check the vlans and routing in your network
Check any Firewalls.

You can proceed with the installation by selecting the fourth option "ignore" for now. You can configure a DNS at a later time and add the necessary entities to connect the CUCM with the DNS.

Response Signature

Nikku
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the help, the issue has been resolved.