Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 12.5 and Cisco Cube - Need help starting out

BigRob
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

We are currently running CUCM 12.5 with voice gateways and onsite PRI's. We are wanting to move to an internet based SIP Trunk so we no longer need the voice gateways and PRI's. After talking to VM Cisco Rep we bought a Cisco CUBE as we were told we need that for CUCM to work with SIP Trunks. 

Now that it has finally arrived after quite a shipping delay, can anyone point me in the right direction to actually set this up? The Cube licenses we have as well as the Cisco C8200-1N4T that arrived for it.

I'm just looking for info on the initial setup of the CUBE as I can work with TAC for connecting it to CUCM and setting up the Trunk.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

You may encounter various solutions when posting such a question in the community, but they may not fully serve your purpose. What you truly need is a tailored solution that aligns with your ISP requirements. Keep in mind that each ISP has specific needs. To begin, ensure you’ve received information from your ISP regarding the SIP requirements. Additionally, have you had a chance to review the CUBE configuration guides?

Out of curiosity, did the partner who sold you this device didn't  set it up for you? As far as I know, TAC support is primarily for addressing issues you encounter, unless you specifically have solution support for your hardware.

Response Signature

I do have a list of requirements from my isp/phone provider. I will give a read through these article for a starting place. as long as i can get the inital config done I can move forward from there.