Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 14 Cluster Upgrade Feature

simon hester
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I'm due to complete a upgrade of a small cluster in a couple of weeks. Looking for some advise on the new cluster upgrade feature. Specifically wanting to know how much user input is needed once the process is start.  

Cluster consists the following
CUCM Pub x 1
CUCM Subs x 3
IM&P Pub x1
IM&P Sub x 1

I had planned to do it in 2 parts. 

1. Cluster Upgrade 
2. Cluster reboot/switch version

I did find this guide but it did not cover how much user input may be needed during the cluster upgrade. Upgrade Enhancements in Cisco Unified Communications Manager(CUCM) 12.5 - Cisco

My specific questions are 

A. Once the software upgrade is started to the inactive partition will this complete across all nodes with no further user input. 

B. Once the switch version is set and start will this again happen with out any further user input. 

C. What happens if the switch version fails on a server. 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

A: Yes. Once you have passed the regular part where you select what files to use on CM and IMP and if you should start installation immediately after file download, if you want to switch automatically version after the install finishes it will run by itself.

B: Yes

C: It would work as for any other switch version, ie if it fails it stays on the current version.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

A: Yes. Once you have passed the regular part where you select what files to use on CM and IMP and if you should start installation immediately after file download, if you want to switch automatically version after the install finishes it will run by itself.

B: Yes

C: It would work as for any other switch version, ie if it fails it stays on the current version.

Response Signature

Super just what i was looking for thank you