Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1(5b)

cdowling_bm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm configuring CUCM 7.1 for the first time after working with 4.x and have a question.  The option for the NANP does not show up in the drop down list in the device pool config.  Do I have to install it? Should the option be there by default?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

You get the chance to select it when you actually type an @ in a route pattern or translation pattern. Before that it is greyed out, as you aren't using a dial plan with that partition/trans pattern.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't recall being able to assign a numbering plan to a device pool. I did a quick check on the 4.1 admin guide and I am still in the dark.  Based on the rest of your question I assume that you may be using "@" patterns and route filters?

You can select NANP when configuring a route pattern. There is a drop down list to select numbering plan. NANP is loaded by default. Others can be downloaded from CCO.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Bill,

You're right and I'm glad yoou understood what I meant.  The problem I have is that drop down list is greyed out i.e. there is nothing to select. I read that it was loaded by default but I would have thought that I'd have at least the option to select the NANP. 

Is there something I need to enable or should I just accept that it is there and move on?

Thanks for your info.

Charles.

Hi

You get the chance to select it when you actually type an @ in a route pattern or translation pattern. Before that it is greyed out, as you aren't using a dial plan with that partition/trans pattern.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron is correct (+5 A.), you need to put the wildcard character ("@") in the pattern field to enable the drop down.

-Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thanks for your help gents.  I can rest easy knowing that it is as it should be.