cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.0 Upgrade

computroninc
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to upgrade my CUCM server from 8.0.2.10000-24 to 8.0.2.40000-1.

When it tries to read the CD it states: An error occured while accessing the upgrade state file. Please verify the status of the local filesystem.

Does anyone know why this would occur?

7 Replies 7

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Did you download the software?

If so, get the release notes for that specific version; it has an MD5 checksum in it. Then get a checksum calc from the internet and compare the two.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you copy the ISO file to the DVD or burn the ISO?  I see this most often when someone burns the ISO instead of copying it.  You should be able to see the ISO file intact as the only file on the DVD if you look at it in Explorer.

That is interesting- I have always burned the ISO and not copied it. However, I tried what you suggested, just made a data CD with just the ISO file as the only file and now I get the error: The directory could not be located.

And yes, I had verified the MD5 checksum and it is correct.

Did you finalize/close the DVD?

Hi

Yeah, I would normally burn the image to the disk rather than have it as a single file on the DVD.

Having said that, I rarely bother wandering up to the servers unless something BAD happens - maybe try transferring it via SFTP in case there's a problem with the optical drive or something.

The other one I see occasionally is a badly named file - if you crack open the ISO with an appropriate tool (WinRAR, 7zip, any ISO package) there is a file in the root called 'ISOFILENAME'. Open that in a text editor, and ensure that your .iso file name is exactly the same as the name in this file.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hello, just to make sure, you downloaded the two 1.7GB parts, verified their MD5 (I use winMd5Sum) and then merged them like so?

in DOS:
COPY /B UCSInstall_UCOS_8.0.2.40000-1.sgn.iso_part1of2+UCSInstall_UCOS_8.0.2.40000-1.sgn.iso_part2of2 UCSInstall_UCOS_8.0.2.40000-1.sgn.iso

And then you burn the UCSInstall_UCOS_8.0.2.40000-1.sgn.iso image on a DVD.

Should work well, I did it last week!

If not, then I would try the remote filesystem/SFTP way and upload the image from a pc to the server.

While trying to upgrade CUCM server from 8.0.2.10000-24 to 8.0.2.40000-1 on a Vmware setup with the 8.0.2.10000-24  system fully functional (receiving calls, voicemail working fine etc) .

When It tries to read the DVD it states: An error occurred while accessing the upgrade state file. Please verify the status of the local filesystem.

If I try the same DVD with this 8.0.2.40000-1 upgrade on it in the same Vmware machine using the same DVDROM etc but I just attempt the upgrade with a fully functional CUCM 6.1.3 Vmware load, the DVD will launch, display the proper  8.0.2.40000-1  version and begin to upgrade.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: