Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.5 and SIP trunk from service provider

Kim Nielsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Hope you can give me some ideas to where to look, because I have gone blind.

I have an SIP trunk to Skype, that is connected directly to an CUCM 8.5. It has worked fine early in the testing fase. Calls in and out no problems.

But now I have the problem that when I call in and out, then the call is connectet fine, but I have no sound.

If I put the call on hold, then I'm getting the music, also if I transfer the call to the Unity Connection, then I'm also hearing the IVR.

Also if I'm calling in and getting the IVR of the ÚCCX, then I'm hearing the prompts, but when I'm taking the call from the Queue with the Agent, then I'm againg not getting any sound. Call is connected fine, and when I end the call from the IP phone it's also closed fine on my mobile-phone.

Looking at the ip phone's webpage, then I can see that on the Stream page, that there's some kind of traffic going on, but I can't see any codec's. Either sending or reciving.

But when loking at the setup of the CUCM then I can't seem to find any problems. Partitions, CSS etc etc seems fine. And I am getting some connection through the SIP Trunk, becaus the MoH, VoiceMail and UCCX is going through fine.

So I'm at a loss, and any idea's, pointers etc would be greatly appreciated.

Br

Kim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

czerewacz
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Kim:

I had a similar problem with a sip trunk to a provider and It was a routing issue between the ip phones and the CUBE. Could you please provide a diagram of the network including the RTP traffic flow?

Thanks!

Br

Marce

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

czerewacz
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Kim:

I had a similar problem with a sip trunk to a provider and It was a routing issue between the ip phones and the CUBE. Could you please provide a diagram of the network including the RTP traffic flow?

Thanks!

Br

Marce

Hi Marcelo,

Forgot to reply, and say thanks. It was indeed an Routing problem, that I was having. So thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I solved it by using the CUCM as an Media Termination Point for the Trunk. Thereby forcing the traffic flow to go through the CUCM. It's a small site, so it wouldn't do so much harme to solve it that way.

Thanks

Kim