Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.5 to 11.5 Import/Export

cristian.munoz
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All

Can I export configuration using BAT from cucm 8.5 and import this data to cucm 11.5?

TIA
Cristian

4 Replies 4

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

Yes of course you can. However you will need to edit fields as you go.

what exactly are you trying to accomplish this might be a better solution like PCD.

Dear Gregory

I have installed and provisioned the new cluster and I have a ICT between CUCMs and now I need to find the faster way of copy the configuration and provision the IP Phones ( in a Not Reachable partition) for then migrate in 2 or 3 stages.

TIA
Cristian

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would advise against it as you will quickly find that even after modifying the files to be compatible across different versions (export/import is meant to be done between same version) things will not work properly, save yourself the frustration and use PCD instead to migrate the data, and if desired PCD allows you to change IP/hostname so that you can have both systems running in parallel allowing for any changes and testing.

Yeah Like I said previously PCD would be the other way to do. PCD is great when it works.  Make sure you don't have any duplicate SIP profiles on your old system, IE ones that are named the same as defaults in 11.5. Also make sure your DNS stuff is set up in advance. I am currently using it as we speak for a migration.  I would do a migration and then change out that partition to something inactive then build you ICT and process your move.

Why the phases approached instead of all at once, large site with large impact?

If you do a phased approach any changed would need to be done in two places.