cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6.2 - Call between 02 sites specifics stay mute after 5 minutes about conversation

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

My Customer have the solution with 12 sites and is having the following problem:

For example:

Site A call for all sites and PST and the call work fine

Site B call for all sites and PST and the call work fine

There are not problem about the another sites.

When site A call for B, B for A, after 05 five minutes the call stay mute. My suspect is related the network. I requested the Customer to take 01 Phone site A and another phone site B and to do sniffer using wireshark. Another idea about this? I don´t found problem about the CUCM. The Customer informed to me didn´t have change in the network and that was worked fine.

Thanks,

Wilson

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Wilson,

If the issue is only between these two sites then most likely it is not the cucm as it would have affected other sites as well. The wireshark captures are the right thing to do in this case as they will show from which direction the RTP flow stops and what is the signaling that takes place prior to that. If CUCM is initiating some mid-call signaling that is causing this even that would be seen in the captures. It is important to get the detauled callmanager service traces as well apart from the packet captures to see the signaling happening on cucm.  As a test you can try removing any firewall or opening all its ports if one exists between these sites.

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

As Manish said, Wireshark is a good start.

Also, we need to get a better understanding of your network. Are all 12 sites registering with CUCM? Is it just one cluster? How are the sites interconnected? MPLS? VPN? If VPN, do you NAT over the internet through firewalls? Do you have more than one firewall in HA?

We'll also need the CUCM traces for the time frame of the call. Please provide the calling and called number.

Thanks,

FG

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Wilson,

If the issue is only between these two sites then most likely it is not the cucm as it would have affected other sites as well. The wireshark captures are the right thing to do in this case as they will show from which direction the RTP flow stops and what is the signaling that takes place prior to that. If CUCM is initiating some mid-call signaling that is causing this even that would be seen in the captures. It is important to get the detauled callmanager service traces as well apart from the packet captures to see the signaling happening on cucm.  As a test you can try removing any firewall or opening all its ports if one exists between these sites.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

Thanks a lot for Your contact. I will procedure this way and will inform to You later the results.

WIlson

Hi Manish,

The Customer sent for me the wireshark capture. I don´t skill about this tool, could You help me analyze the captures?

Thanks,

Wilson

Hi Manish,

The Customer informed to me yesterday that found the problem in the firewall configuration.

Thanks a lot for your help

Wilson

As Manish said, Wireshark is a good start.

Also, we need to get a better understanding of your network. Are all 12 sites registering with CUCM? Is it just one cluster? How are the sites interconnected? MPLS? VPN? If VPN, do you NAT over the internet through firewalls? Do you have more than one firewall in HA?

We'll also need the CUCM traces for the time frame of the call. Please provide the calling and called number.

Thanks,

FG

Hi Francisco,

Thanks a lot for Your contact. The all sites register in CUCM, is the one cluster and the connection is did by links carrier working MPLS. The Customer informed to me that there are firewall in the all sites. I don´t have more details about firewalls.

In this moment I am waiting the Customer to do the calls e collect wireshark and RTMT logs for continues the analyzes.

Thanks,

Regards,

Wilson

Hi Francisco,

The Customer informed to me yesterday that found the problem in the firewall configuration.

Thanks a lot for your help

Wilson