cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6 connected phones through call manager?

Lasha Lomjaria
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

When two phones are connected and talking, they are directly connected, so if Call Manager stops working, these phones continue to talk. I have following question: Is it possible to connect these phones not directly, but through call manager.

If its possible, how can I do it?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

To force the call (i.e. the media stream) to go through a CallManager server, you need to set the phones to require an MTP (Media Termination Point) (And configure the rest of necessary MTP parameters) This would mean that every call from those phones would go through the CUCM servers.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

To force the call (i.e. the media stream) to go through a CallManager server, you need to set the phones to require an MTP (Media Termination Point) (And configure the rest of necessary MTP parameters) This would mean that every call from those phones would go through the CUCM servers.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Gordon is correct, the question here is why would you want that to happen?  You will quickly run out of MTPs unless you add bunch of routers to the system, and you will overload the CUCM server if you decide to use CUCM MTP sources. Plus you gain absolutely nothing from unnecessarily forcing calls to engage MTPs, but only complicate your call flows, etc.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris

I'm not going to do that, I just asked if it was possible to do.

Thanks for reply