Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.1.1 licensing on UCS

Syed Akbar Ali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I've upgrade CUCM 9.1.1 VM on the UCS C-Series. now the CUCM Version are running on Demo .

I would like to apply the licenses by using Enterprise License Manager (ELM) 

we already have PAK number for the below  :

Part name                          Qty

UCSS-UWL-STD-PK          1 

UCSS-UWL-STD             1550 

CUCM-UWL-PAK              1

CUCM-UWL-                    6480

So please advice how apply the licenses for the cucm 9.1.1 cluster .

Regards

SAA

14 Replies 14

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Were these licenses for version 9 or version 8? If version 8 you should have applied them before the upgrade, if version 9 simply fulfill them via ELM. Did you have any licenses (DLUs) on the server prior to the upgrade, if so you need to go through the upgrade process of those via ELM.  It is documented in the ELM user guide.

HTH,

Chris

Martin Hart
Level 1
Level 1

You need to apply all licences to the pre 9 version before the upgrade. You may be embarking on the same type of migration as I have seen where you have an old cluster and the v9 is being built on a new platform. You can download an application called the user count tool and run it against the existing node this will give you account of how many CUWL and what types you have. It lets you know what you need to keep you new version capable of running what exists in the pre 9 version
http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284510097&flowid=37562&softwareid=282204704&release=UCT&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

I would get all your support details and the info from this tool including your support contract detail. According to the elm guide the system will still continue to function in terms of call handling after the 60 day grace period. Once expired you won't be able to make any user facing changes so they have at least given a bit of a window can you explain the type of migration is it on box?
Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Amit23
Level 4
Level 4

yes...

chris is right!

Warm Regard's
===========
Amit

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

What is the migration path for the licences if we are on MCS CUCM v7  and we will go on CUCM v9 on UCS ?

thanks guys,

As long as you have active UCSS you can request media and license via PUT tool, and once you migrate to version 9 and implement ELM follow the licensing upgrade process that will convert DLUs to user licenses.

HTH,

Chris

And how do you get the DLU from CUCM,  from online Put tool ?

You don't, the DLUs are already on your existing CUCM, once you upgrade CUCM and add it to ELM it will allow you to convert them accordingly to user licenses, you will need to do some planning around what type of users you are entitled to UCL vs. CUWL and if you have any remaining unassigned DLUs convert those as well.

HTH,

Chris

Hi,

In addition to what Mr Chris has said, u can refer this License migration PPT.

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-33806

regds,

aman

Chris,  I dont upgrade 7 to 9 on the same server.

7 is on MCS   and 9 is on UCS  so I am wondering how to export the DLU to the UCS.. !?

Sure, but I am assuming you are migrating the date with DRS? If not and if you are planning on building and configuring it from scratch you will need to work with cisco licensing to get the licenses converted.

Chris

I prefer DRS migration but for specific reason we had to build from scratch..

Then your licenses will not be automatically migrated and as I said you need to contact licensing@cisco.com for new licenses. 

HTH,

Chris

thanks Chris !

Hi,

You need to get in touch with Global Licensing Operations [GLO]  with existing license files .Please consume all unassigned PAKs in existing DLU.

regds,

aman