cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.x Need to Restrict Access to "Modify Button Item" in Device Field

lancesmith
Level 1
Level 1

I am working with a group with a large helpdesk for which we have defined "custom access control groups" and "roles" within user management.

That been said many Help Desk Staff  continue to use the "Modify Button Item" for Add/Change/Delete lines on devices, creating hundreds of SEP XXXX.....- Phone Button Templates". Instead of using the system / prebuilt templates.

In order to put a stop to this I want to allow the current access they have to devices and have READ ONLY  for the "Modify Button Items".

Thus far I have not found any setting that would allow this.

Has anyone in the community come across or have a solution to such a problem?

Sincerely

Lance

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AFAIK there is no way to do that, as that is part of the device page, and they have access to it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jamie - That is what I was afraid of  given the lack of granularity I could see when it came to actual device web page privileges.

I suspect you are correct

Thanks

Yeah, within CUCM you cannot go beyond giving them access to a particular page, but you cannot control what they can use within it, limit the options they will get.

You might need something like PCP that does provide more granularity.

HTH

java

One further question then on this, are you aware of anyway to determine what userid had actually made the change to a device in syslog files, or can we only see who had logged in.

Sincerely

Lance

You can review the logs for that purpose

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/CUCM_FAQ#Can_I_review_who_is_making_changes_in_CUCM.3F.3F

HTH

java