Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM and LDAP Integration

akoukis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to everyone,

does anyone knows the minimal required attributes on MS Active Directory in order to import and sync a user to CUCM from MS AD LDAP integration?

On SRND of 11.X describes only the mapping between Unified CM User Field and Microsoft Active Directory.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab11/collab11/directry.html#74101

Best Regards

Anestis  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Out of curiosity I just tested this. Looks like last name is required, but not first. I created a user with no first name and was able to sync. See attached.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The answer would depend on the existence of a custom filter applied to the LDAP directory config in CUCM. For example, if I have (Company=*) in the custom filter, the user would need a company in AD in order for the sync to happen. Without a filter, CUCM will sync all users within the LDAP User Search Base. Beyond that, the user would need the LDAP field configured to map to the CUCM user ID (System > LDAP > LDAP System > LDAP Attibute for User ID). There are no other required attributes as far as I know.

Brandon

Hi to all,

thank you every one about the feedback, I will give my 5 points to Brandon because he spend some time to test it and give us a response with an output.

Thanks again

Anestis

pqueued
Level 1
Level 1

Absolute minimum is First and Last name. Without a LDAP filter whatever your search base is after sync will suck in all users that have at minimum First and Last name attributes.

Out of curiosity I just tested this. Looks like last name is required, but not first. I created a user with no first name and was able to sync. See attached.

I stand corrected, I guess it's out of habit that the first name is kinda a given however if last name is left out sync for that user will fail. Corresponds with mandatory fields in end users.