Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM backup is getting too large.

Hello! Could you please give a piece of advice on the following issue?

The problem is that my CUCM's (v9.1.2.11900-12) backup file is getting larger and larger with every new backup procedure. Now it is about 9 gb in size! The size is increasing even though I don't do anything with the server - no additional devices are added, nothing at all. What could be the reason for such behavior? Could it be logging or sth.? Is there an option on CUCM which will allow me to see what and how is being backed up?

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dmitry,

If the backup file size is increasing gradually without any addition of new tftp files or increase in CDR data or configuration changes then you might consider restarting the DRF services on all the cucm nodes to begin with. There was a bug for CUCM and CUC 8.6 where it was similar issue, please check below

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuj91382/?reffering_site=dumpcr

If the issue persists after restarting the services you may revert on this post.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Hi Manish,

yes, I have restarted local and master DRF services, but unfortunately the problem persists.

Hi Dmitry,

If you are using one of the supported SFTP servers like Titan , Openssh or Cygwin then I would suggest engaging TAC to have a look into this.

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: