cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM - BE6000 and Incoming Fax-to-Email

sdavis1980
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, I am looking at upgrading a client from CME to BE6000. They currently use the CME for inbound fax to email via on-ramp faxing built into the CME gateway.  I am reading that with CUCM we need a 3rd party fax server to accomplish this. Does anyone have any recommendations? My customer has DIDs on a PRI that are used only to receive faxes and send them to their  Exchange server. No physical fax machines or outbound faxing required.  Can we incorporate this into the CUCM without 3rd party?  Can we utilize our 2911 gateway in the same fashion for fax on-ramp even without it running CME?

any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks!

Steve

2 Replies 2

james.buchanan1
Level 1
Level 1

As long as the 2911 intercepts the call prior to it being sent to CUCM, it'll still work. Now, if you ever move to SIP, that's a different story, but since you are running a PRI, that's not an issue. However, make sure you use the router as an H323 voice gateway and not MGCP. Otherwise, you won't be able to intercept the call and send it to the MMOIP application.

drichards
Level 1
Level 1

Did you get the DID over PRI to the third party SIP device? We bought Multitech FAXFINDER IP and need to do the same.

Inbound/outbound from device.