Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Call Park Design Query

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Very few of my customers have ever wanted to use the Call Park feature in CUCM.

I now have one who wants to but their dial plan uses 6 digit extensions.

If I set the call park range to say 33120X users have to dial six digits to retrieve the call.

This is pretty clunky.

Can anyone suggest a way to make things easier for the users? - my initial thought was to use *[1-9] as the Call park range.

To retrieve a call a user would dial *1 for example.

Are there any gotchas or better alternatives to this approach.

BTW it is a multi-site deployment so I was thinking of site specific call park partitions.

Running CUCM 8.6(2a)SU2.

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you are going to have site specific call park ranges why not build 4 digit ranges that do not overlap with local DNs and place them in site specific partition?

Chris

We are running on version 7.1.5 but maybe things have gotten better in the later versions with call parking. In our environment you cant have "site specific" call park ranges unless you do something like directed call park. It's one range for the entire cluster no matter if you build different ranges or not. Has this changed with version 8 and above? I sure hope so.

The only thing that changes in version 8.6 is that you can not have ranges for the whole cluster and not need to tie it to particular server..

Chris

Thanks Chris,

Thanks for the suggestion. The system that they are moving from allows them to retrieve a call from lines 1 through 9 by pressing a button and then the digit. They were not happy about dialling six digits to retrieve a call and I do not think that dialling four will be viewed as much of an improvement

They use this feature in their warehouse and announcements are made over a tannoy system so reading even four digits clearly may be problematical.

I think that I am going to try my suggestion of * followed by one digit but I will split the range across the two CUCM servers that the sites phones use so that Call Park will still work if one of the servers fails.

Thanks

James

You can use the same range on multiple servers in the cluster, just put them in different PTs. For example *1-9 in CALLPARK1_PT & CALLPARK2_PT.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

Hey Roger, long time no talk!

I second the short call park number range, split amongst UCM servers, both with one specific site partition.

Shane

Hey Shane

Seriously really long time. Glad to see your still in the world of UC.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature