Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM config help

jonesville
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a multi site deployment and I have been asked to implement a solution for our site security. Currently we have different internal security numbers for each site and what I would like to do is have 1 number for all sites that call an extension at that site, i.e. at site 1 user dials 1111 and connects to extn 1000, at site 2 user dials 1111 and connects to extn 2000.

Is this possible to do this based on device pool or location so that all sites can have the same number. We would like to do this without using an IVR or auto attendant.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Colin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure, it's possible simply create a translation pattern 1111 for each location in site specific partition, so only callers at that location can access it.  This way you will end up with TP 1111 for each location pointing to proper final destination.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure, it's possible simply create a translation pattern 1111 for each location in site specific partition, so only callers at that location can access it.  This way you will end up with TP 1111 for each location pointing to proper final destination.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply, I do understand what you are suggesting, however in my configuration all our sites/phones are in the same partition.

Thanks

Colin

DNs are in the same parition, but you probably have site spcific CSS to control your outbound calls via local GWs, or are you using "Local Route Groups"?

Do phones have the same CSS at every location?

Chris

Sorry if I got the terminology wrong, my system is configured as 1 CUCM cluster with centralized gateways and we are configured for local route groups.

Yes we use the same CSS for all DN's,

Thanks

Colin

Colin,

Then you need to create different Partition/CSS for different sites. It has nothing to do with Single node cluster. What you need is very much achieved by this way.

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts !!

I configured this up as you suggested and yes this will work.

Thanks for your help

Colin