cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM --- CUBE Multiple trunks

n.shuja
Level 1
Level 1

Requirement is to port the DID of ISDN to existing ITSP SIP trunk and route internally.

This specific range requires to be called from certain numbers. (mean the trunk has to have specific inbound CSS vs other DID members which will have regular inbound-CSS)

Added a new trunk on CUCM with new Loopback IP address on CUBE didnot acheive the results as the CUBE cannot decide which trunk CUCM will use and the call is always going thru wrong trunk.

I have updated the CUCM trunk with new port 5070 instead of 5060 and updated the dial-peer session target as  session target ipv4:10.30.36.62:5070. The calls are being dropped.

Any idea?

Nasir

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The solution was done thru CSS and PT.

Requirement.

One range of Dn's were to be allowed to call from only whitelisted numbers, from the same trunk from ITSP.

Solution.

One extra PT was introduced in CSS-inbound which was on trunk for inbound calls.

Pt-screen --> has translation pattern ! --> route next hop based on calling number with CSS-whitelist--> has pt-whitelist --> has translation pattern ! with block all & translation pattern 123456789 (as whitelist number) and route to Css-internal-DN.

admins can add the whitelist numbers as much as they want as translation patterns under pt-whitelist.

works perfect for my requirement.

I was not able to route on specific trunk out of 2 trunks between the same cluster and same cube on different ports. as inbound call mechanism from CUBE to CUCM will prioritize the trunk with 5060 port.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would be inclined to use a dial peer on your CUBE using the answer address statement.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/14074-in-dial-peer-match.html

once match use a called number manipulation. for instance all your did you leave unchanged, all specific calling numbers, you for instnce prefix 12345 to the called number. and do a dial-peer to cucm 12345........ then, stick a translation pattern with a certain CSS in CUCM, to strip the 12345 off again.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

thanks Dennis for reply

Dial-peer match is happening correctly. CUCM is not answering back on the trunk i want it to select. I cannot prefix the number as the inbound significant digits are set to 4 on trunk. dont want to change the dial-plan. 

In theory the 2nd Loopback on CUBE defined and added that as trunk in CUCM should work. But its not working even if i change the ports. 

my Question is if I am pointing towards CUCM from CUBE having 2 trunks

/-----Cube Loopback 0 -----\

CUCM                                                      CUBE

\------Cube Loopback 10----/.

how will inbound call will choose the trunk on CUCM. as the CUCM IP address will always be the same. 

tried that by changing SIP ports from default to 5070. but cannot route the call properly. 

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

First of all, if you need to change the default SIP trunk port from 5060, then you will need to change the default listening port on the SIP trunk security profile from 5060 to 5070

Second, I don't understand what you are trying to do. Can you please explain with call flow illustration. 

Please rate all useful posts

Requirement
A subset of DID range should only be allowed to receive calls from certain numbers. Admin to control these numbers on CUCM. (Internal configuration is based on trunk terminating on specific CSS which then controls the requirement).
All DID are on same ITSP trunk.

Issue
Regular in-out calls are working fine regular trunk. Since the solution requires certain range to be terminated on trunk pointing to different CSS. I want to have 2 trunks from same CUCM to same CUBE to isolate calls.
I have added 2nd loopback on CUBE and the trunk from CUCM works fine. But from CUBE to CUCM what is the best way to select specific trunk on CUCM. (trying that to achieve by changing port on CUCM trunk and targeting Dial-peer to session target ipv4:xx.xx.xx.xx:5070 makes a busy call.
traces show the invite contains 5070 but receives on port 5060 triggering server unavailable.

The solution was done thru CSS and PT.

Requirement.

One range of Dn's were to be allowed to call from only whitelisted numbers, from the same trunk from ITSP.

Solution.

One extra PT was introduced in CSS-inbound which was on trunk for inbound calls.

Pt-screen --> has translation pattern ! --> route next hop based on calling number with CSS-whitelist--> has pt-whitelist --> has translation pattern ! with block all & translation pattern 123456789 (as whitelist number) and route to Css-internal-DN.

admins can add the whitelist numbers as much as they want as translation patterns under pt-whitelist.

works perfect for my requirement.

I was not able to route on specific trunk out of 2 trunks between the same cluster and same cube on different ports. as inbound call mechanism from CUBE to CUCM will prioritize the trunk with 5060 port.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: