Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM, CUCxN and CUP upgrade sequence to version 9.1.1a

fuhrersk8
Level 3
Level 3

Hello guys!

In a scenario of a BE6000 consisting of a single CUCM 8.6.2.20000, single CUCxN 8.6.2.20000 and single CUP 8.6.2, which is the correct order for upgrading the servers?

From the documentation, the CUP must be upgraded after the CUCM is already on version 9. In fact, i tried and it gave me a version error. Lesson learned. But in terms of CUCxN and CUCM, which is the correct upgrade?

Thanks in advanced!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No difference, either you upgrade CUCM or CUC, it's the same, they're compatible.

But in regards to CUCM and IM&P, yes, when going to version 9.X and going forward, CUCM first, then IM&P.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Santos,

Please share the exact 8.6.2.x version of CUP and the exact error message/snapshot which u get while trying to upgrade CUP from 8.6.2 to 9.1.1a.

There are two type of upgrades : Standard and Refresh Upgrade.Let me check how I can help u.

regds,

aman

Hello Aman and thanks for your reply. The CUP version is 8.6.4.10000-28 and is a Standard Upgrade as per the documentation.

Thanks again for your reply.

Hi Santos,

You are correct as it is Standard upgrade.

Please share the error message and also please the patch name which u are using to upgrade.

regds,

aman.

Dont have the error output, but it was a version mismatch error. the new upgrade file is UCSInstall_CUP_9.1.1.10000-8.sgn.

Hi Santos,

Just a guess: Are u using PAWS [Platform Administrative Web Services Interface Management (PAWS] ?

regds,

aman

Performing upgrade through OS Administration Web GUI.

No difference, either you upgrade CUCM or CUC, it's the same, they're compatible.

But in regards to CUCM and IM&P, yes, when going to version 9.X and going forward, CUCM first, then IM&P.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Great. Thanks Jaime.