Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Design best practices

Hi

I have two sites with 200 employee`s each one. I have two CUCM and I`m planning to install each server in a site.

Where I can install the CUCM Pub? There's any criteria? Any best practices to install CUCM Pub?

Both sites has a high MPLS speed and a good datacenter infrastructure.

4 Replies 4

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

You can follow the SRND guidelines for a Cluster over the WAN deployment:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/9x/models.html#wp1043996

Hope to help, remember to rate the post if it does.

Regards,

Adrian.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

The best place to put the pub is the one that is closest/easiest to get to !

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

The big restriction here is the physical distance, the SUB cannot be more than 20msec away from the PUB a total of 40msec roundtrip

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Robert,

The round-trip latency is actually 80 ms as of I belive CUCM 6.X, assuming the bandwidth is met. You will need 1.5Mbps for ICCS traffic and 1.5Mbps for database replication for each Sub, so assume you have 2 subs remote from the pub, you would need 1.5+1.5*2=4.5 Mbps of dedicated bandwidth. 

To answer the original question I would recommend placing the server at the most reliable data center. You may also consider other apps if you are planning on deploying them in non-redundant fashion, i.e. unity connection, UCCX, CUEAC, etc as if you won't split those across WAN you would want to keep them close to the Pub as well (not necessary but recommended).

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: