Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Device Registration Status Question

Hi Folks,

We are running a version 12 Call Manager cluster and I have a question about the status information displayed on Call Manager for devices.  The three columns "Status", "Last Active" and "Last Registered" give us information about the devices and their state.  Of course, the status (and status entries) change depending on activity but what are the default timers that dictate what state a phone would display in the call manager?

In other words, if a registered phone was unplugged, I imagine the status field would change from "registered" to "none", the "Last Registered" field would show the date and time the phone dropped off the network, as would the "Last Active" field. 

If that phone remained unplugged, when (if at all) would the "Last Registered" and "Last Active" status change? Further to this, is there any detailed documentation that explains the state changes and the timings around them?

Thanks in advance. 

2 Replies 2

These  value are  controlled by RIS Unused Cisco CallManager Device Store Period under the Cisco RIS Data Collector service parameter

This parameter specifies the time of the day that the RIS database will be cleaned up to remove any unused, old device information. During this time, the NumofRegistrationAttempts performance counters for all devices reset to 0.
  This is a required field.
  Default: 22:00
  Maximum length:  5
  Allowed values: Specify time in HH:mm format (for example 06:11).
  Unit: hr:min

This parameter specifies the RIS database information storage period for any unregistered or rejected device information from the Cisco CallManager service. After the time specified in this parameter expires, Cisco CallManager removes the expired entries during the next RIS database cleanup time (specified in the RIS Cleanup Time of the Day parameter)
  This is a required field.
  Default: 3
  Minimum:  1
  Maximum:  30
  Unit: day

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

Thanks very much for your response.  This certainly answers my question but I think I need more info to fully understand the mechanism of the RIS database.  Your post appears to be a snip of a larger document.  Can you tell me what the source document is so I can delve into this a bit deeper please?

Thanks again.