Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM - internal phone mask number

Rémi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Do you know a way to transform an internal calling party number (short number).

So unlike “external phone number mask” I need an “internal phone number mask”.

E.G. Cisco Phone ext 7001 (receptionist) call a doctor on Cisco phone number 7575. Calling paty number display on Cisco phone 7575 would be 7711.

Regards,

Rémi

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Could you use a Calling Party Transformation Pattern in a CSS applied to the phone's "Caller ID For Calls From This Phone" section?

View solution in original post

Hi Anthony,

I was able to do it via your way. Thank you (1 year after ) for your help

Procedure I followed in more details (it might help others)

1- Create new partition (E.g. "P_Internal_Phone_Number_mask")

2- Creat new CSS (E.g. "CSS_Internal_Phone_Number_mask")

3- add inside CSS_Internal_Phone_Number_mask only the partition "P_Internal_Phone_Number_mask

4- Go to Call Routing > Transformation > Transformation Pattern > Calling Party Transformation Patterns

5- Add New

****** Pattern : 7575 (directory number that you want to change the calling party)

****** Partition : P_Internal_Phone_Number_mask

****** Calling Party Transformation Mask : 7711 (directory number that you to display when you place a call)

-> Let other settings by default

5- Apply CSS to each phones that you need

5.1- Go to Device > Phone

5.2- Find/Select your phone

5.2- Set "Caller ID For Calls From This Phone" with CSS created at point -2-

5.3- Set "Remote Number" with CSS created at point -2- as well

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

You could do this by routing the call through a translation pattern.   To go into more detail we'd need to know more about the existing dial plan, for example is it only individual destinations where you want to see that translated calling number, or all internal calls?   And do you want all callers to display as 7711, or just one particular caller, or is there some pattern to the conversion for example changing the first two digits but retaining the last two.

Could you use a Calling Party Transformation Pattern in a CSS applied to the phone's "Caller ID For Calls From This Phone" section?

Hi Anthony,

I was able to do it via your way. Thank you (1 year after ) for your help

Procedure I followed in more details (it might help others)

1- Create new partition (E.g. "P_Internal_Phone_Number_mask")

2- Creat new CSS (E.g. "CSS_Internal_Phone_Number_mask")

3- add inside CSS_Internal_Phone_Number_mask only the partition "P_Internal_Phone_Number_mask

4- Go to Call Routing > Transformation > Transformation Pattern > Calling Party Transformation Patterns

5- Add New

****** Pattern : 7575 (directory number that you want to change the calling party)

****** Partition : P_Internal_Phone_Number_mask

****** Calling Party Transformation Mask : 7711 (directory number that you to display when you place a call)

-> Let other settings by default

5- Apply CSS to each phones that you need

5.1- Go to Device > Phone

5.2- Find/Select your phone

5.2- Set "Caller ID For Calls From This Phone" with CSS created at point -2-

5.3- Set "Remote Number" with CSS created at point -2- as well

Rémi
Level 1
Level 1

csrlima
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, i know is not the same thing but using your example , is there any way the ext 7001 (receptcionist) call a doctor phone numner 7575 but in receptionist phone display 9999 ( only the name or nothing) instead 7575?

Hi csrlima,

Do you mean that you want modify the called number 7575 to 9999 only on the receptionist phone ? Not sur I understand your call flow

Ok, i want to modify the display called number in receptionis phone (maybe i want that in a group of phones).

Receptionist ext 7001 call a doctor phone number 7575 but i want that receptionist phone display  9999  instead 7575?

Is that more clear? i want to change only the display original dialled number to display "DUMMY" dialled number.

Hi csrlima,

Ok, still don't understand the "why". Except if receptionist call the doctor via a speed dial ?

Anyway, at the step "4- Go to Call Routing > Transformation > Transformation Pattern > Calling Party Transformation Patterns" of my procedure you probably need to create a "Called Party Transformation Patterns" in place of "Calling Party Transformation Patterns".

I understand that you didn't understand the reason for the question, because my use case is to use it in webex calling and not in cucm, but I thought that by understanding the concept in cucm I could use or make the analogy in webex calling. In my use case , to understand why you want to change the display of the dialed number, it's because we are using a web page with a contact and a call button that invokes the webex app, and I don't want the user to know the phone number of the person you are calling. But thanks for the explanations on the cucm side.

Ok ok make more sense now. I do less Voice Collaboration since ~ 2 years so I don't really have experience with Webex calling sorry. Good luck for the next

As this is for Webex calling it might be better if you were to ask your question in the Webex part of the community. It has a specific subsection for Calling related questions.

Response Signature