cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM IP address change

CSCO12180461
Level 1
Level 1

I was curious to know what, if any, problems anyone has experienced with changing the IP address of their publisher. It seems simple enough to do, but I've been warned that weird issues could arise.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It would still work, the process for 7.1(x) is still well documented. Again, make sure to understand the process, BEFORE doing the actual procedure.

If you still don't feel comfortable enough with that, you can go ahead and do as you mention, simply delete the server, and then add it again as a new SUB.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you don't follow the proper procedure you can lose access to the server, have DB issues, etc. There are plenty of things that can go wrong, simply go over the doc once, make sure to understand all the steps, and then, do the actual procedure.

HTH

java

Would changing the IP address be simplest solution, given our situation?

CSCO12180461
Level 1
Level 1

I thought a brief description of our scenario might be helpful.

We have two Call Manager servers. Only one is currently in production. It has an IP address of 10.4.X.X. We want to move both servers into our 10.6.X.X subnet. My original thought was to simply change the IP address of the publisher, and then add the one we currently are not using, as the subscriber. However, once I heard a few horror stories of admins doing that, I've been trying to think of ways around it. I hope I explained that well enough.

Thanks

As long as you perfectly understand that there is a very specific order on which you have to do the task (and you follow it to the letter), nothing bad should happen, since 10.x the process has become easier and PCD does a great job on that regards.

HTH

java

I'm sorry, I should have mentioned that we're running 7.1.5.

It would still work, the process for 7.1(x) is still well documented. Again, make sure to understand the process, BEFORE doing the actual procedure.

If you still don't feel comfortable enough with that, you can go ahead and do as you mention, simply delete the server, and then add it again as a new SUB.

HTH

java