Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Mobility Connect / Single Number Reach Not Working

Support-
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

Posting because I am trying to set up new user with Extension Mobility. I created the Remote Destination Profile, Remote Destination, linked the RDP to the DN (extension). As far as I can tell everything seems to be enabled. On the phone itself it says "MobileConnect On", but the issue is that when that phone is called, is does not forward to the user's cell phone. If we login to the Self Care Portal it shows that the Cell phone (additional phone) is linked to the users phone also.  We are using CUCM version 12.0.1.10000-10. I'll also list some quick notes below, if anyone has any ideas please feel free to comment!

-Phone is set to Owner / and Owner User ID is set

-Primary Extension is set

-Mobility is enabled on the phone

-RDP is listed under Associated Devices

-Remote destination number DOES start with "91xxxx"

-I believe Device Pool and Rerouting Calling Search Space are set correctly in the RDP, not sure if that would affect anything or not anyway.

-RD is linked with RDP

-The line is associated with the RDP

Thanks for reading.

8 Replies 8

What you have configured is Mobile Connect, not Extension Mobility. This is a completely different thing.

The rerouting CSS is what is used to extend the call out to the number that you have defined on the Remote Destination (RD). Do a DNA to check how the call routing logic will work for the RD number when the RR-CSS is used. If it does indicate that the call is sent to a voice gateway you can move on with looking into this to check the call routing through it.

What control protocol do you use for your voice gateway?

Response Signature

Support-
Level 1
Level 1

@Roger Kallberg Thanks for the reply!

I am by far a beginner and don't understand much when it comes to CUC and CUCM. But from what I'm seeing online all of these steps are still needed for "Single Number Reach" / Mobile Connect. Sorry, I just realized the title is probably very misleading, I'll make sure to change that.

Any other steps you think I'm missing for Single Number Reach?

Your outlined steps looks for an outsider to your specific setup to be what would be needed for SNR, that’s what Mobile Connect is usually known by. The key thing with this and extending calls to the RD number is the reroute CSS. This is what is used to extend the call to the RD number. This is quite often misunderstood. The CSS on the RDP is used when you make a call from the RD and the CM uses the logic to anchor the call against the directory number that is tied to the RDP.

Check the suggestion to verify with Dialed Number Analyser (DNA) how the call routing logic will process the number set on the RD based on the rerouting CSS. It’s common to mess this up and the call ends up not even reaching the voice gateway.

Response Signature

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Please follow below document and make sure that you have selected all the check boxes:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/200447-Single-Number-Reach-Feature-for-Cisco-Un.html 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

@Vaijanath Sonvane thank you very much for the reply!

I did go through all of those steps and double checked everything for the Single Number Reach, and it still does not seem to work. Those steps also do show how to verify the call routing logic with DNA as @Roger Kallberg  had mentioned.

I do have a call with support today, so I will make sure to update this if we find a fix.

If you do see the call leave CM then your next step is to look at the flow through your voice gateway. What control protocol do you use SIP, H.323 or MGCP?

Response Signature

We are using SIP

Then run a debug ccsip message in the gateway and turn term mon on to see the output. If you see the call hit the gateway you should be able to figure out what goes wrong with the call.

If you would need help on this please post your running configuration and the output from the debug as separate attached files to a post and we’ll have a look at this.

Response Signature