cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Multiple lookup matches

Steve_etc
Level 1
Level 1

This will hopefully be a quick one to answer as I assume it either is not possible, or I have missed something obovious.

Is it possible to have multiple matches in a call flow? i.e. a call matches a translation pattern, then (the translated number) matches a route pattern. I basically want CUCM to perform multiple lookups for a single call before routing it.

for example, user dials 9123456

Call hits translation patternt which strips the 9 leaving 123456

Call hits a route pattern pointing 123456 to a gateway/user/anything else.

Thanks in advance

Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jaime is correct (+5), the same pattern can only be matched once. But based on what you describe the question is if a call can match multiple entities, i.e. first TP, then RP, etc. then the answer is absolutely.  Basically CUCM after it matches the TP it will use CSS assigned to it or originator's CSS (if checked) to evaluate next hop, if one is matched it will go to it, there is really no limit on how many times it will do it, i.e. I've seen bad implementations where a call is going thru multiple TPs before it routes to final destination. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well, depends on what you call "multiple matches" if you mean for example you try to send the call to a RP and then if that doesn't work you try a DN or something else internally, the answer is no.

If a DN has some forwarding behavior, or a TP has a translation for called DN, then yes, you'd follow that route until your final match, either internally or externally.

If you haven't, I suggest you read the dial plan chapter from the SRND.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jaime is correct (+5), the same pattern can only be matched once. But based on what you describe the question is if a call can match multiple entities, i.e. first TP, then RP, etc. then the answer is absolutely.  Basically CUCM after it matches the TP it will use CSS assigned to it or originator's CSS (if checked) to evaluate next hop, if one is matched it will go to it, there is really no limit on how many times it will do it, i.e. I've seen bad implementations where a call is going thru multiple TPs before it routes to final destination. 

Excellent, this is what I was after. I have tried this and it works like a charm...Thankyou