Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Report PoE usage

WesW
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I am a bit new to CUCM and all its glory, but I wanted to ask the community if there is a way within CUCM Administration (or any offshoot) to run a report where I can determine if VoIP phones are currently NOT using PoE but instead are utilizing power bricks?  I work in a very large Enterprise environment and my line of thinking is having a much more stream-lined way of knowing which phones connected to a current stack are not utilizing PoE but are instead using power bricks.  Now I know I can do this manually but various methods, but I am hoping for a centralized at a glance solution to avoid any potential PoE issues/interface drops after refreshing switch stacks.  I open to any efficient method, I just assumed CUCM could potentially do this.  Thank you for your time!

Wes

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
There is no way for CUCM, or the phone for that matter, to determine the "source" of the power.
The only way I can see is to log in to every switch and compare the "show cdp" option with the "sh power in | i phone" filter.
The switch, and not CUCM, is the "source" of the "truth".

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, CUCM doesn't track that kind of info.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
There is no way for CUCM, or the phone for that matter, to determine the "source" of the power.
The only way I can see is to log in to every switch and compare the "show cdp" option with the "sh power in | i phone" filter.
The switch, and not CUCM, is the "source" of the "truth".

Thank you for taking the time to reply.  That is the method I currently use, I was just wishfully thinking it seems.  I appreciate your time!