Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM security Problem

JustForVoice_2
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I had a problem while I was changing the background images of the IP phones. I did it many times before, but this time it is a little bit different. I created the List.xml file but the phone is not able to download it, I used sniffer and I found that the phone asking for .xml.sgn rather than .xml

I did not enable any security service in CUCM, I browsed the security settings for one phone and I deleted the settings like MIC, LCS, and Trust List; but no luck.

I have no problem to enable the security settings, if no need to change the configuration that I did. I do not have enough knowledge about CUCM security so I started reading about it, but I found that there is some certificates and Security token and a lot of issues.

Could you please guide me what I should do to allow the creation of xml.sgn file in TFTP server.

Is it a bug in firmware? I am using SCCP42.9-0-3S.

Thanks in advanced.

9 Replies 9

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

All I can find on your issue is the link below:

http://onlinestudylist.com/archives/ccie_voice/2011-January/071999.html

HTH Regards, Yosh

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

The TFTP server creates the .sgn version of the file automaticaly. You just have to place the file into the correct directory on your server and restart the TFTP process.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Thank you for your help,

+5 for both.

yahsiel:

I don't need to downgrade the firmware.

Gordon:

I know that TFTP server will create the .sgn file automatically, and I am sure I placed the files in the correct directory. but what I need to know, what I should do to make the TFTP server able to create the .sgn files.

shall I enable the service only?

shall I use USB Token?

or what exactly?

I did not configure security parameters for CUCM before and I have to solve this problem ASAP. I tried to read about it but it is not clear to me.

Thanks in advanced

I know that TFTP server will create the .sgn file automatically, and I am sure I placed the files in the correct directory. but what I need to know, what I should do to make the TFTP server able to create the .sgn files.

Just restart the TFTP process.

GTG

Do you mean to enable the security services first then restart the TFTP service?

As I said before all security services are deactivated

JustForVoice wrote:

Do you mean to enable the security services first then restart the TFTP service?

No. No need to enable anything. Just restart the TFTP service.

GTG

I restarted the TFTP service many times before. It is not the normal behavior.

then if I did not enable security services CUCM will not generate the .sgn file.

Am I right??

Just out of curiosity did you upload the List.xml file to all your Call Managers and restarted the TFTP service on the Call Managers? I think what Gordon was trying to say was that the Call Manager automatically signs the List.xml file when you restart the TFTP service.

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Yes, I did.

I uploaded the files for all CUCM servers. and I restarted TFTP services on all CUCM servers.

but CUCM will not generate the .sgn file unless I configured the CUCM to do this. otherwise CUCM will leave it as .xml file.

In my case the phone is trying to find .xml.sgn file rather than .xml only.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: