cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM SIP Invite with FQDN

Daniel Flieth
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, when cucm is sending an Invite to an Device the FROM field is always <DN>@CUCM-IP. I want to have it like <DN>@FQDN

I thought this would be possible with the SIP Profile Option "Use Fully Qualified Domain Name in SIP Requests".

But when this is enabled nothing is changing.

Does anybody has an idea how to solve this?

Best Regards

Daniel

13 Replies 13

Mohammed Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Configure domain name on "Cluster Fully Qualified Domain Name"  in enterprise parameter.

Hi Mohammed,

this is configured, but dont appear in the log files.

Hi,

'Use Fully Qualified Domain Name in SIP Requests' and Cluster FQDN are used for host portion in Req-URI and TO header. For From header its controlled by Server configuration as highlighted by Moshfiqur. If its configured with IP, From header will use IP in host portion

Hi Mohammed.

I just came across this post today. Have you verified this in the lab?

"Use Fully Qualified Domain Name in SIP Requests" can be used with FROM header and is not limited only to Req-URI or TO Header

When "Use Fully Qualified Domain Name in SIP Requests" is enabled on the SIP profile, the FROM header is sourced from the "Organization Top Level domain name" configured under enterprise parameters and not from the system>server configuration

I have a cluster that with FQDN under system>server but I am using FQDN for SIP requests. All my outbound SIP requests carry a FROM header defined in the Organization Top Level domain name

Please rate all useful posts

Hi Mohammed,

We have an issue where a site can call our site, when I check the invites, I see that instead of the extension@CUCMIPADDRESS, there's extension@domain.com, is this parameter could be the issue ? we can call them but they can't call us btw, in our invite we send the ip address

Trick,

The response to this was already posted in the original post you raised. Have you tried the suggestion there. This parameter has nothing to do with INVITEs you are receiving with @domain. Have you added the domain to your cluster fully qualified domain as suggested in the other post?

yes I did, I don't need to reboot the server or anything I guess, I saved the new changes and tried.. no success, beside of the possibility that this problem might be from the other side, any other things I can try out in our CUCM ?

No need to reboot. Please collect cucm logs and attach to the original thread. Lets see whats going on on CUCM

Hi Daniel,

Please go to
system--->Server

what you have under Server Information? Host name or IP Address?

Regards,

Moshfiqur

Have you applied the SIP Profile with the 'Use Fully Qualified Domain Name in SIP Requests' on all SIP devices involved in the call? (end-devices and any trunks)

Hi,

I have the same problem.

I have a SIP Trunk to PEXIP MCU. Can see in the log at PEXIP the IP address is showing and not the FQDN. Because of this the PEXIP MCU will not approve my certificate.

I Have 'Use Fully Qualified Domain Name in SIP Requests' on the SIP profile to all endpoints and also on the trunk SIP profile.

Server name is FQDN and domain is added in Enterprise Parameters Configuration "Cluster Fully Qualified Domain Name"

Did you every get this resolved?