Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM--SIP TRUNK---LYNC

kbeelwar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have CUCM  8.6.2.22900-9 connected with Lync via sip trunk.

Our calls traverse fine but there is one trunk which is giving us issue.

when we dial into lync conference and put in conference ID , it says, conference not found. The same Id used at other location sip trunk works fine!

The issue I see in CUCM is that the sip signal

10:36:17.848 |//SIP/SIPCdpc(2,74,47869)/ci=37693574/ccbId=4209714/scbId=0/star_CcUserInfoReq: Outbound DTMF method selected is 2. Digit=4 and isMTPPassingThru2833=0|2,100,159,1.8045713^192.168.131.1^S0/SU0@PHL2-VG1.voip.osisoft.i

Working one has this ID +2 of the previous one but non-working one skips almost by 5-6.

Has anyone seen this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Do you have MTP required checked? Is it possible for you to uncheck it, make sure it has RFC2833 as DTMF method and see if the issue still persists? Also make sure the gateway has is capable to do RFC2833. Does this issue happen on internal calls as well? Worse case, i would reset the MTP resources to see if it resolves the issue.

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

On the SIP trunk, what do you have for DTMF preference. Try changing it to RFC2833 on the trunk configurations page.

David Lin
Level 1
Level 1

Pretty sure this is DTMF issue.

kbeelwar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys.

I checked the incoming DTMF from gateway to CUCM and outgoing SIP message from cucm to lync server and I see we are typing the correct dtmf digits.

I also changed the DTMF to 2833 and OOB/2833 but both didnt help.

Somehow when I run traces on lync, packet capture tells me few digits are  missing when we type the conference ID on Lync.

Do you have MTP required checked? Is it possible for you to uncheck it, make sure it has RFC2833 as DTMF method and see if the issue still persists? Also make sure the gateway has is capable to do RFC2833. Does this issue happen on internal calls as well? Worse case, i would reset the MTP resources to see if it resolves the issue.

kbeelwar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I changed MRGL and saw that it fixed the issue.

It pointed to media resource like you mentioned so I rebooted the voice gateway since reseting sccp didnt help.

Rebooting resolved my issue.

Thank you for your direction!!

Kadambari

Good to hear!