cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Translation issues

ALIAOF_
Level 6
Level 6

I have a PRI on the router that is configured and it is up.  I setup everything in CUCM like a few other sites we have.  Hooked up a phone and they are able to make outbound calls.  I can also reach that phone via extension.

But when I try to call the masked number I get, "Call cannot be completed as dialed ...........".  When that phone calls me I can see the outbound number though.  What might be missing here that I can't call the external number.  I have tried on the router:

debug isdn q931 and 921 but I don't even see the call from my cell hit that router.

24 Replies 24

I already have done that.  Not seeing anything hitting the router when I call the DID.

Here is one question though.  Do I need to configure any dial-peers?  I'm assuming I do not as all calls are being handled by the CM?

No, you don't need to configure any dial-peer, call are handle by CM. Did you use the the command:

router# terminal monitor

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.
Favor calificar todos las respuestas útiles dando click en las estrellas de mas abajo.

Yes I did, I see the outbound calls but nothing inbound when calling any of the DID's.

Could you please post the result?

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.
Favor calificar todos las respuestas útiles dando click en las estrellas de mas abajo.

Mohd. Ali,

Can you share the #debug isdn q931 -- output of outgoing calls...

Thanks

Selvarathnam

I don't have an issue with the outgoing call.  Any ways I finally got hold of someone from ATT and they said that the DID's are not built for the PRI.  And they will take care of it in an hour.  It has been like 4 hours now, no luck.

Well a little update.  Now when I dial the number I see it hit the gateway but then I get the error below and a voice telling me that I have reached a non working number, any ideas?

Nov  4 07:50:39.776: ISDN Se0/1/1:23 Q931: RX <- SETUP pd = 8  callref = 0x0F27

Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A2

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = Speech

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0xA98397

Exclusive, Channel 23

Facility i = 0x9F8B0100A10F02017D06072A8648CE1500040A0100

Protocol Profile =  Networking Extensions

0xA10F02017D06072A8648CE1500040A0100

Component = Invoke component

Invoke Id = 125

Operation = InformationFollowing (calling_name)

Name information in subsequent FACILITY message

Progress Ind i = 0x8283 - Origination address is non-ISDN

Calling Party Number i = 0x2183, '6XXXXXXXX'

Plan:ISDN, Type:National

Called Party Number i = 0xA1, '6XXXXXXX'

Plan:ISDN, Type:National

Nov  4 07:50:39.796: ISDN Se0/1/1:23 Q931: TX -> RELEASE_COMP pd = 8  callref = 0x8F27

Cause i = 0x8081 - Unallocated/unassigned number

Nov  4 07:50:39.820: ISDN Se0/1/1:23 Q931: RX <- FACILITY pd = 8  callref = 0x0F27

Facility i = 0x9F8B0100A11702017E020100800F574952454C4553532043414C4C4552

Protocol Profile =  Networking Extensions

0xA11702017E020100800F574952454C4553532043414C4C4552

Component = Invoke component

Invoke Id = 126

Operation = CallingName

Name Presentation Allowed Extended

Name = WIRELESS CALLER

Nov  4 07:50:39.836: ISDN Se0/1/1:23 Q931: TX -> RELEASE_COMP pd = 8  callref = 0x8F27

You need to check that the CSS on your gateway has access to the partition of your phones.

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

Update for every one.  First of all I want to thank all y'all for helping me troubleshoot this issue.  I have marked multiple answers as correct answers especially the ones that suggested this to be a telco issue.  This indeed was a telco issue and they were routing these numbers else where and were not built for this PRI.  Something about "ofr.... routing".

Once that was corrected I saw the numbers on the gateway however the message I was getting above was also corrected once I added the "Inbound CSS" to the PRI if that makes sense. My first Voice project whew now on to the next site hopefully that one goes smooth.  Thank you again all.