Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM/Unity Turn Call Handler On/Off On The Fly

We have a building that would like to utilize a system call handler only when their front desk secretary is not in the office. Is there an easy way to do this? I know the basics of using system call handlers in CUCM/Unity. Right now, building that use a call handler I just have the translation pattern for their number point to the number for the call handler. Ideally, this building would like it to just be a button on the phone to turn it on or off. Any guidance would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

You would just call forward it to the unity connection call handler number on cucm that would match a CTIRP that would point to voice mail.

That is of course if they wanted to be able to toggle it on and off on the phone level. You could get more complex if you wanted to.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

You would just call forward it to the unity connection call handler number on cucm that would match a CTIRP that would point to voice mail.

That is of course if they wanted to be able to toggle it on and off on the phone level. You could get more complex if you wanted to.

Another way to do this is just have the front desk number be the system call handler so if they are not there the call will ring and go to the same greeting.

I like this approach because if they pick up great if not you can control the message and the mailbox.

Checking back in on this post, do you still need assistance?

Want to make sure you achieved what you needed.

Yes, sorry, currently facepalming myself for not thinking about using call forwarding. Thanks everyone for your help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: