cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Upgradation 7.1.5 to 10.X

Siva chinap
Level 5
Level 5

Planning to upgrade CUCM 7.1.5 to 10.X version,which is the best practices....my plan is to upgrade 7.1.5 to 8.x version in MCS server

Install a 8.x in UCS server restore the backup and upgrade to 10.x version.,

Another plan is to upgrade 7.1.5 to 10.X  through PCD?

Which is the best practice, which leads less down time?

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

PCD is by far the best option, you also avoid all the VM changes between upgrades and all the pre-req COP files.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

When i upgrading 1000 IP Phones to new UC Phone, should i register all the IP Phones manually.

you have the option to get the same IP addresses for the new servers as the old ones, in this case no changes required to get the phones registered to 10.5. if you choose to get new IP addresses, then you need to update phones' dhcp pool by setting option 150 into 10.5 ip address.

for more information, kindly check the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/ucmapMigrate/10_5_1/CUCM_BK_M24251C0_00_migrate-procedure-for-cucm_1051/CUCM_BK_M24251C0_00_migrate-procedure-for-cucm_1051_chapter_00.html

Thank you,

Shadi

My another plan to install CUCM 7.1 in UCS server, restore the backup upgrade to 8.5

from 8.5 version upgrade to 10.5 take a drsbackup

Deploy new CUCM 10.5 in VM restore the backup.

Any suggestion on this upgradation?

Install of CUCM version 7.x on UCS is supported only for jump upgrades to version 9.x or 10.x. So, you should look at upgrading to version 9.1.2 or higher from 7.x instead of 8.5.

HTH

Manish

Manish,

I am plan to install CUCM version 7.x in UCS server ..restore the backup from MCS server..,upgrade to 10.5 in UCS server.

That should be fine. You can check the upgrade guide for version 10.x for relevant details.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/10_0_1/CUCM_BK_U4214F9D_00_upgrade-guide-cucm-100/CUCM_BK_U4214F9D_00_upgrade-guide-cucm-100_chapter_011.html

HTH

Manish