cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Upgrade from 11.5 SU3 to SU3a Failing

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

I'm working on a setup with 1 Pub and a yet to be deployed Sub.  Pub in running 11.5 SU3 w/ a small number of phones configured.  I started an upgrade earlier which failed and I'm trying to figure out why.  I've tried both via a mounted iso as well as sftp but both failed (I was able to successfully upgrade Unity using the same iso via sftp).  I've pulled the install log from earlier, just trying to decipher it to determine why the upgrade is failing.  Attached is the output when searching the install log for "fail".

3 Replies 3

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

Reviewing the log I'm seeing the following:

Warning: ONCONFIG /usr/local/cm/db/informix/etc/onconfig.ccmb is not owned by user informix

upgrade_manager.sh|(CAPTURE) shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory|

I did have an issue with space so I installed ciscocm.free_common_space_v1.4.k3.cop earlier but the upgrade still failed.  

I would say it is tac case time. Nothing in the bug search on this and nothing in the release notes.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Decided it was faster to just rebuild the publisher and start fresh.  Only 60 phones or so so it wasn't the end of the world.  I decided to fore-go the update and install a sub on the old pub to test and 2 installs both failed inexplicably.  So built a clean VM on 11.5, upgraded it to SU3a w/o any issues and then installed the sub.  Running fine so far.