Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM upgrade from 6.1(2) to 8.5(1)

karthikvish2000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need some clarification regarding CUCM upgrade from 6.1(2) to 8.5(1).

This being an incremental upgrade, what is the exact flow of the upgrade process?

My understanding:

1. Upgrade current version from 6.1(2) to any version that supports a direct upgrade to 8.5(1) eg. 8.0

- Do this on the PUB

- Do the same on the SUBs

- Restart all servers

- All nodes in cluster now run 8.0

2. Next Upgrade 8.0 to 8.5(1).

Please let me know if my understading is correct or is there an alternate way to go about this. I am just concerened about the duration of the upgrade when I take the incremental path as there will be 2 outages and also the time it takes for the database to resync etc.

Thanks for your help.

21 Replies 21

Salam Ashraf,

You diffenitly need to go to the license web page , copy and paste the content of the .lic which is generated by the DMA and you will get the license by email becasue when you upgrade , you will find that the license is in minus , when you upload the license which you will get from cisco web page , everything will work normally.

Amer

Salam Amer

Thanx man for the clarifications

I will start Unity Upgrade stuffs on the same post

hopfully you will interact as usual

apprecited

Salam Amer

Back Again

I have a Client who has 6.1(2)

in order to go to 8.5 we have to upgrade first to 6.1(4) 'as per the compatibility matrix'

so he need a UCSS in order to get the COP.ISO files for 6.1(4)

the question is can I use the UCSS which I have bought already for 8.5 in order to download COP.ISO files of 6.1(4)

coz if you notice there is a mandatory UCSS has been bought for 8.5 upgrade

Appreciating your kind response

To upgrade from CUCM612 to 614, you can download .sgn.iso file directly using your CCO login and upgrade. You do not need new license as you already have 6.1 feature license.

To upgrade from 614 to 8.5, you need to use your UCSS to order license

Wenqian

Dear All,

Thanks  for all discussion, and it is very usefull but i have a problem that we  have sold the upgrade to our customer from CCM6.1 to 8.5, we received  the upgrade Media of 8.5 but we didnt received the Media to upgrade to 8.0 as in  the beganing of this dicussion its mentioned that we have to upgrade to  8.0 than to 8.5.

please guide me how i could get the Media to upgrade 8.0 or if there is any way to directly upgrade to 8.5

Thanks,

Farhan Khan

Hi all,

I understood how to upgrade on the same server.

What are the operating steps, if I want to upgrade to a new server, other than the one where the version 6.1.4 is still running?

Thank you all for the answer.

Regards

Alessandro Bertacco

Guys,

At the moment i have an IPT Cluster (Publish and Subscriber) running CUCM 6.1.(5) on a MCS with 360 LDUs and i would like to upgrade to CUCM 8.5 running in a VM that will have 170 devices. I am trying to write down the P/N but it is a little confuse. Someone can help me to figure this out?

I guess it iwll be:

CM8.5-K9-UPG=CUCM   8.5 Upgrade for PUT only1
CUCM-USR-LICTop   Level Sku For User License1
MIG-CUCM-USR-AMigration   to UC Manager Enhanced - Less than 1K Users360

If that is right, how i will migrate from MCS to a VM?