Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Upgrade to 8.5 fails on UCS-C210-M2

flabarriere
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a UCS-C210-M2 platform where we have installed ESXi 4 on RAID1 (135 Gb). We have created the CUCM VM on RAID5 (950 Gb) with the OVA template by Cisco for CUCM 8.5 (cucm_8.5_vmv7_v2.1.ova).

As this UCS is a replacement platform of a MCS for a client in 6.1.4. We have installed first a 6.1.2 then upgrade it to 6.1.4. We have restore the client CUCM configuration and now we want to go version 8.5. But during the upgrade to v8.5 we are facing this problem:

05/16/2011 15:47:46 upgrade_manager.sh|Check if the upgrade is allowed|<LVL::Info>

05/16/2011 15:47:46 upgrade_manager.sh|Validate hardware for the upgrade|<LVL::Info>

05/16/2011 15:47:57 upgrade_manager.sh|File::0, Function: (), This hardware is no longer supported.  Validation error on HSSI mode:

VMware Validation Failure:

Unable to validate VMware based server disk settings. Please check SCSI disks are at least 72 GB in size and are located at 0:0 (and 0:1 in a two disk config) in machine settings..|<LVL::Error>

We have 2 hard disks set to 80 Gb. I don't see where can be this problem? I have attached our VM configuration.

Do you have an idea of the cause of this problem?

Thanks by advance.

Florian

7 Replies 7

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have not done it this way yet.. the way it worked for us was using a 7835/7845 as the swing server.    DRS production 6.1.2 to a fresh 6.1.2 7835/7845 offline.  Inplace upgrade to 6.1.4, then upgrade to 8.5.  DRS out of 8.5 swing server and DRS into the C210-M2.

This way, we could keep everything in production and run 8.5 separately.

Hi, have you resolved this issue? We have the same problem, I'm currently using CUCM v6.1.5 running on OVA created template (cucm_8.5_vmv7_v2.1.ova)

Hi,

No, I couldn't solve this issue. I have tried with an MCS server but the platform was not supported for a CUCM installation. So I used the export feature in the bulk administration to export the maximum of datas (phones, users, device profiles,...). Then I recreate the other one (partition, CSS,...) manually...

Hi ALL ,

in very simple explination ,

you have installed 6.1 on VM which is not supported (however it works and upgraed to 6.1.4 ) and then you are trying to get it upgraded to 8.5 which is failed ,

this is expected , To fix this you will have one option , get all the servers in your network upgrade all the way to CUCM 8 on physical server then you can migration over to VM .

the point i am trying to make is , you can ONLY move from physical server running CUCM version supported to be installed on VM (8.x) to VM enviormnet .

i hope this Help

Best Regards

Ash

I have question, is this OVA "cucm_8.5_vmv7_v2.1.ova" is application for 2500 users as well as 7500 users?

In cisco site, there is only one OVA, they didn't mention it is for 2.5K or 7.5K.

Yes, during the OVA wizard you get prompted to choose how many users you want from a drop down menu and it will create the VM accordingly.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Dear Java

I have posted above discussion. Getting Fatal error during VMWare installation on UCS.

Your advice on the same is appreciated.

Rgds

Rajesh